One of my tanks never seems to build any experience

My T49 will not accumulate exp for some reason, but in safe mode it does.
When I download a new version (Update) of WoT, it works fine, but whenever I install your mod pack, it's the only tank that never accumulates any exp.

I just played a game now with the latest upgrade to both WoT & your mod pack & it's still not accumulating any EXP.

HELP! :) (I love your mod pack)

Thank you

P.S. I had this issue once before with a different tank about a year ago, but ended up selling the unwanted tank & didn't bother to look into it.

Included are current the logs you requested & a screenshot of my tech tree with no exp showing under the T49.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

shot_095.jpg

4 hours ago, Quaksen said:

Check that the tank isn't set to accelerate crew training.

According to the screenshot above, there is no way he could have checked the "accelerate crew training" because his T49 does not have an elite status - Sheridan is not yet researched.

What a weird issue...

7 minutes ago, zzarac said:

According to the screenshot above, there is no way he could have checked the "accelerate crew training" because his T49 does not have an elite status - Sheridan is not yet researched.

What a weird issue...

There's no issue really... you can see the elite status icon on the screenshot too.

T49 could have gotten elite status as tier 8, before they changed things around.

Just like the VK 45.02 B went to the Maus before.

And so on. :)

Oh yes, you're right. I completely forgot about the tier changes with that tank.

But still, he should not be able to accelerate crew training before researching Sheridan.

Even if it was elite beforehand, after the patch that made T49 tier 9 it should've been "un-elited" automatically. It seems WG made a boo-boo.

Just now, zzarac said:

Oh yes, you're right. I completely forgot about the tier changes with that tank.

But still, he should not be able to accelerate crew training before researching Sheridan.

Even if it was elite beforehand, after the patch that made T49 tier 9 it should've been "un-elited" automatically. It seems WG made a boo-boo.

None of those tanks were un-elited - odd move, but I can see their reasoning... if someone didn't want to grind to the next tank (on the VK 45.02 B for example), I'd prefer keeping the accelerated crew training.

• Upvote 1

For the tanks that had moved tier, and had a tier X added above them, you need to turn off "Accelerate Crew" training:

t49crew.PNG.16ab9d3711e3fb31f903d88d6bd6a1f9.PNG

AND you need to make sure that you have not selected that tank when you convert free XP:

lightXPconvert.PNG.e116550dac0a5a8f6f54dfced4ceac48.PNG

And THEN you will build up XP on the vehicle:

t49research.thumb.PNG.d47fc77e992914eebcec7e649288e77e.PNG

I wasted a lot of experience by not turning off "accelerate training," and then once I figured that out, I accidentally used it when buying a freeXP conversion for a tank module purchase.

Happy Tanking!

By the way, run your T49 as much as you can for the next week... the on-track event generates a LOT of additional experience, crew XP, and gifts of consumables.

• Upvote 1

I did have a ton of experience on that tank when it moved up a tier but I member WoT making some statement about it, saying the experience would NOT be moved up with it, so I did check it in the exchange free exp window & used gold to convert it before it moved up a tier, so then it was on zero (0)

Ever since it will not generate any new experience, and it's not listed in my exchange for free exp window anymore, in fact, currently there are only two tanks listed on there at the moment, both with 3 HP on them, which I can't convert yet since the total amount of HP is too low to covert.
The thing is, no matter how many games I play, or even if I update & install a fresh WoT version, it's the same thing but only on that tank & no experience accumulates.

Yeah it's weird, but it's also not the first time, as mentioned in my post.

I will contact WoT again & tell them to stop hiding behind the same excuse; it's a MoD PACK thing, cause that's not true, I just tried it with NO mod pack again & it's still the same.

Thks for the input :)

On 12/5/2017 at 8:41 AM, zzarac said:

What a weird issue...

I'm a she, not a he :)

I know it doesn't really matter, just a typo, but we are so few, women playing tanks; I think it's important for us to be seen & recognised :) 

4 hours ago, ACandieCaneKilling said:

I'm a she, not a he :)

I know it doesn't really matter, just a typo, but we are so few, women playing tanks; I think it's important for us to be seen & recognised :) 

I am sorry for assuming you are male, but you are right - so few women playing this game it's almost an exception to the rule.

Hats off to you, ladies - it must be really painful watching male egos sizzling in that toxicity den we know as "team chat", at least on the EU server.

Respect!

PS: sorry for off-topic chitchat

Edited by zzarac

Yeah sure, here is the screenshot of my tank in the garage.

As you can see, the accelerated crew training is on, the tank has NO exp showing in the tech tree and the tank has games played on it, but it will not create any exp at all.

Someone mentioned the "exchange to free exp window" could be holding all my exp for later conversion but you can see in the pic provided, it's been this way for weeks with only the 2 tanks in it and there's not enough exp to exchange so it's not in there.

Im baffled by this, as you seem to be too. I did message WOT; they didn't even read my message. They sent me a pasted responsive telling me I had mods & to reinstall the whole game cleanly & then talk to them, which I had already done. (Idiots) So I set them straight, I hope, see if they have anything to say.

As mentioned I did have this happen to be before, but the tank was one I didn't want to keep so I bypassed it with exp I earned from other tanks, then sold it. WoT wasn't able to ascertain why it was that way either at the time but I didn't pursuit it as I sold the tank.

No other tanks have had this issue and no one else I know has either, nor have I read about it in any forum or online. Anytime I did search, the same conclusion always came up: Same as you mentioned, turn on the accelerated crew thingy, which was on at the time already. That is clearly not the issue.

Thanks for trying though, keep trying, we will fix it, then take over WoT with our superior knowledge hehe. Ok maybe not.

shot_101.jpg

shot_102.jpg

shot_104.jpg

On 12/5/2017 at 12:04 PM, Quaksen said:

Check that the tank isn't set to accelerate crew training.

Aaaaaaaaaand there's your "problem" as expected, and what I posted about earlier :) You forgot to remove that check mark.

shot_104.jpg.ebfb425b04ba34447c288cd04a377465.jpg.72ff6cfbf9462ad772d82d70c2b94684.jpg

You need to UNCHECK that.

Using Accelerate Crew Training, ALL experience earned on the tank, goes to the crew, and doesn't accumulate, so you can use it to upgrade modules/research, and accumulate free xp to convert. :)

Ummm, if I remove the checkmark, the exp I earn will just accumulate into my "Convert Experience" window, which will NOT allow my tank to accumulate exp so I can earn enough to buy the Sheridan, so what are you talking about??

The whole point here, is to accumulate Exp onto the tank within the tech tree so I can earn enough Exp to research the Sheridan.

I'm not trying to build exp into the Convert Exp window; why would I want to do that?

Then I'd have to exchange it with gold to use it to research the Sheridan; if I wanted to do that, I can make a lot more Exp easier & faster using my prem tanks.

Yeah, not sure what you are talking about here, but you were definitely thinking of something different than what I am.

There is a BUG in WoT (or the modpack) which is preventing my T49 from accumulating Exp so I can research the Sheridan.

Whenever I play a game, no Exp is added to the T49 to research the Sheridan, nor is it accumulating into the Convert Exp window.

So where is it going??? I'm earning it, I'm playing the tank, but it's not making any Exp.

If it's showing up in your "convert experience" window, it's on the tank, and will be possible to use to research to next tank.

If you keep "accelerate crew training" on - you will NOT get any experience on the tank itself. It will ALL go to the crew.

Remove the checkmark in "accelerate crew training" - or you will never get any experience on the tank to research/convert. It's as simple as that.

The only "bug" preventing you from accumulating experience right now, is the fact that you have accelerate crew training turned ON. Needs to be OFF.

13 minutes ago, ACandieCaneKilling said:

Whenever I play a game, no Exp is added to the T49 to research the Sheridan, nor is it accumulating into the Convert Exp window.

So where is it going??? I'm earning it, I'm playing the tank, but it's not making any Exp.

It's going straight to your crew right now, since you have accelerate crew training turned ON. :)

• Upvote 1

Yes you must remove the checkmark, the xp is currently going to your crew.  Leave it unchecked until sufficient XP is available for the Sheridan. 

The tank holds its elite status meaning that the XP is available for conversion. Proof should be the available XP on the tank in the Convert XP window.

The reason why it isnt showing in garage may be a cache bug, try cleaning your cache which is an option with Aslain's installer.

In the end.. If there's available XP in the conversion window, it should mean its there on the tank...  and you can unlock the Sheridan when its enough.

What does it say when you try unlock the Sheridan? How much XP is needed?

Edited by m0nstertr4x

what??? NO NO NO, if I uncheck the accelerated training, it will all go to Conversion, then I have to spend gold to change it into free Exp I can use anywhere, while keeping it checked trains my crew but also adds to the Exp my tanks makes towards researching other tanks.

ALL of my tanks have this checked and make Exp for Research, every single one of my 174 tanks & they are all contributing to the Exp I can use to research the next tank in line.
The ONLY reason I would uncheck the accelerated Crew Training is to build Exp into the Conversion, however, there is still some that goes to Training my crew.

I know this cause I have been at 99% skills & perks with the Acceleration check box Unchecked & that tank crew reached 100% without the Accelerated check box checked.

I've done this many times on tanks I was using to build Conversion Exp when the next 5X Exp for the first game was running & when the Conversion cost was at the sale price of 35 instead of 25 Exp points for $1 of gold.

Anyone else wanna come in on this debate, I am SURE I am correct on this issue.

38 minutes ago, ACandieCaneKilling said:

while keeping it checked trains my crew but also adds to the Exp my tanks makes towards researching other tanks

Wrong.

Accelerate crew training makes your tank NOT accumulate xp.. that's the whole point of accelerate crew training.. it's the fact it spends ALL xp earned on the tank, towards the crew training.

Accelerate crew training is only possible on a tank you have already researched everything on....

Uncheck accelerate crew training - play a battle - then look at the tank in your garage and in the tech tree, and you'll see the xp shown on the tank. (Just like you will then see the xp in the "free experience convert" window)

If you keep accelerate crew training checked - you will never get XP on the tank, or in the free xp convert window.

Edit:

It's part of the support page for World of Tanks as well:

"If you notice that you don’t earn any experience after the end of a battle then make sure that you have un-ticked the box “Accelerate crew training” that can be enabled for Elite and Premium tanks." - and that's what you're noticing.

Edited by Quaksen
Added quote from WG support page
  • Upvote 1

You were right & I was wrong, its cause its tier, IX, normally you don't get to have accelerated crew training cause you have to research the next vehicle to do so, which is why it wasn't earning anything. It is now, they gave me the accelerated training when they moved me up, don't know why, but I still have to earn enough Exp to research the Sheridan.

This is what confused me. Now it is earning credits. Yayyy

I was wrong, you were right so thank you for sticking to your guns, it made me think this through & now I get it. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, ACandieCaneKilling said:

You were right & I was wrong, its cause its tier, IX, normally you don't get to have accelerated crew training cause you have to research the next vehicle to do so, which is why it wasn't earning anything. It is now, they gave me the accelerated training when they moved me up, don't know why, but I still have to earn enough Exp to research the Sheridan.

I was wrong, you were right so thank you for sticking to your guns, it made me think this through & now I get it. :)

Hehe. I'm stubborn, especially when it comes to something like that. And trust me, you're not alone in that confusion.

I had it myself, when the German heavy lines were changed... VK 45.02 B is elite, since I had the Maus, but I don't have the new Pz.Kpfw VII, but the VK 45.02 B is still elite, after it's move.. :D

Your T49 was probably elited when it was tier 8 (you had all modules researched, and had the T54E1 researched as well, making it elite), which is why it was still elited when it was moved up, even though you didn't have everything researched. I guess it's WG's weird way of not screwing people over, if they didn't wanna earn XP on it, but wanted to train crew, hehe :)

22 hours ago, ACandieCaneKilling said:

[snip]

I'm glad you figured it out... I didn't chime in again because Quakson did a good job of explaining it...

Just make sure that you don't accidentally convert the experience on that (or those) Tier IX light(s) if you need to convert experience... ask me how I know... :(