Jump to content
My_Gaming_TV

Loading game with mods causes my computer to lock up completely

Recommended Posts

I've tried since the last major game update to play the game with mods but every time I do the game when opened causes my computer to completely lock up and have to force restart. Getting pretty annoying to be honest! I can load the game in safe mode but not with mods so I know it's not an issue with the game. It has the latest modpack installed and there is nothing showing in the python log showing any problems and I have a very limited amount of mods selected compared to what I have used in the past. 

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've narrowed it down I think. I deleted all the mods and started installing them one section at a time, looks to be xvm related. Got to this selection and installed the mods I normally do and opened the game and that's when it locked up my computer and had to force restart.  

Screenshot (355).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting....and strange.  I haven't had any problems with XVM, so I had a look at what I have selected in the same section as you show above. 

 

Red indicates where mine differ from yours.  I really dont want to load your settings and make my pc lock up this morning....lol.

 

 

[ Panels & Windows (in-battle) ]--------------------------
            Panels by Aslain
               Battle Loading
                  Battle Loading: from XVM Team
               Statistics tab (under Tab key)
                  Statistics Tab: Advanced
               Remove rank badge icon
               Players Panel
                  Medium panels (default)
                     Medium: short player's names
                  Large panel
                     Large: Simple panel #2 (overal stats only)
                  Start mode
                     Start mode: large (WoT default)
                  Background transparency
                     transparency: 60 (weak) [WoT default]
                  Display enemy spotted markers
                     marker: Bulb #3
                     Hide icons for
                        not spotted vehicles

                  Display more visible frags on Players Panel
                  Display XMQP markers [PP]

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

Interesting....and strange.  I haven't had any problems with XVM, so I had a look at what I have selected in the same section as you show above. 

 

Red indicates where mine differ from yours.  I really dont want to load your settings and make my pc lock up this morning....lol.

 

 

[ Panels & Windows (in-battle) ]--------------------------
            Panels by Aslain
               Battle Loading
                  Battle Loading: from XVM Team
               Statistics tab (under Tab key)
                  Statistics Tab: Advanced
               Remove rank badge icon
               Players Panel
                  Medium panels (default)
                     Medium: short player's names
                  Large panel
                     Large: Simple panel #2 (overal stats only)
                  Start mode
                     Start mode: large (WoT default)
                  Background transparency
                     transparency: 60 (weak) [WoT default]
                  Display enemy spotted markers
                     marker: Bulb #3
                     Hide icons for
                        not spotted vehicles

                  Display more visible frags on Players Panel
                  Display XMQP markers [PP]

 

 

 

Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is, all I know is it's something in that section

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest here....you know what the deal is...you are just afraid to face the truth....

 

image.png.143f8b3b6e1f9dd8f68888b4ecea25ad.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Davidinlv82 Played with same mods like you without any issues, well except for weird stuff with logs overlapping each other next to zayaz panel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

Let's be honest here....you know what the deal is...you are just afraid to face the truth....

 

image.png.143f8b3b6e1f9dd8f68888b4ecea25ad.png

Then it's been decided, @Aslain says there's no issue but it still crashes my computer so the gremlins are to blame! Damn them bastards!

6 hours ago, Aslain said:

@Davidinlv82 Played with same mods like you without any issues, well except for weird stuff with logs overlapping each other next to zayaz panel.

I dunno then. I guess I just have to keep avoiding that section till its fixed. I'm not gonna keep putting my computer at risk to figure out any further which mod exactly is doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm suffering from the same problem even after altering my settings to mirror those that allegedly work.

It won't be fixed until tomorrow as it IS New Years Eve over there and I'm sure Aslain is having a nice time.

Happy New Year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.