Add Public Test Server to the Region Selector

walkerwj55

8 minutes ago, walkerwj55 said:

Yep, noticed that. Will post in Warships.

Not sure why you would need to post it in Warships? So I'll remove that post. If the question is meant for Warships, I'll move it there, but it's already answered.

The answer will be the same... that region changing won't work between Live servers, and the PTS.. they're two different patches.

For region changing to work - servers needs to be on same patch - PTS will never have the same patch as Live, obviously. :)

6 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Not sure why you would need to post it in Warships? So I'll remove that post. If the question is meant for Warships, I'll move it there, but it's already answered.

The answer will be the same... that region changing won't work between Live servers, and the PTS.. they're two different patches.

For region changing to work - servers needs to be on same patch - PTS will never have the same patch as Live, obviously. :)

I posted in Warships because it is a Warships PTS question. I don't understand why it wouldn't work. All you are doing is placing a pointer in the menu to go to the PTS launcher. My PTS client must match the PTS version, obviously, but that should have no relevance to the mod: that particular mod should be client-neutral.

Edited by walkerwj55

Moved it over to Warships then.

It wouldn't work because: You cannot log into PTS with a Live client. The versions wouldn't match.

And if you have a PTS client, it couldn't be used to log into a Live server. The versions wouldn't match.

So you need to have: A seperate PTS client.

And a Live client - which can use region changer - if the Live servers version match.

That's what region changer is all about - using the same client, on multiple servers - but it won't work for PTS/Live changes. :)