scrag

Removal of historical emblems and flags for AXIS powers

I understand that WG has asked that these be updated to not reflect the Swastika in (flag and paint scheme) as well as the Rising Sun Naval Ensign (still in use by the Japanese Defense Forces). Is there any further information. How is WG able to determine their use if these are only visible to me on my computer and no where else (I get that some one probably posted a picture on either one of the social media channels or carelessly in a report sent to WG. Just curious about any further information if available. Also if I choose for the time being not to update those will the rest of the mod pack function?

• Like 3

Unlikely they can actually pick up if someone still used the textures.

However, they can easily remove mods / modpacks containing them from their forums.

It's on your own risk.. if you choose to not update the modpack, it'll work till shit breaks (game update, for example, where renaming might not work)

Not sure how much of a hassle it would be to pull this off but why not have two versions of the modpack? One version that complies with WG's policy so that it can be posted to their forums and another version hosted here that includes the removed mods. The way I'm reading things, WG just doesn't want this stuff on any of the sites that they actually host.

I don't think they want to ban for using such mods. It's rather a rule to not post such things on their websites/forums.

5 hours ago, Aslain said:

I don't think they want to ban for using such mods. It's rather a rule to not post such things on their websites/forums.

Well that's a relief. Due to a complicated family history, I had 3 grandfathers who all fought the Nazis, and I'm a bit of a lefty myself, so I'm certainly not a Nazi supporter. I was however a military history buff long before I started playing WG games, and I prefer to see my ships as close to how they actually looked in real life as possible. Flags included.

As someone suggested above, could there be a censored WG pack and an uncensored pack?

Thanks for all your hard work Aslain. Very much appreciated.

Anyway to get these Mod's directly? I know Aslain cant do it anymore. Just don't get it on my puter only but they know whats best for you

Thanks for the thoughts. I recently went to the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC. My Dad had told me of things he remembered in 1946 when he went to Europe to server a second time (first time was in the Pacific retaking Islands from the Japanese). Needless to say it was horrific. However I feel that has an amature student of History that part of the markings of weapons used by the German Military was the Swastika. However where WG oversteps is telling me what I can look at on my computer. It can ban me for submitting content or reports if material is offensive in nature. The duality here is that hey also ban the Sunburst Japanese flag (which remains in place to this day as part of the JMSDF). What is missing in JMSDF ships is Golden Chrysanthemum emblem which is carried on IJN warships and is on the Japanese ships in the game....but the flag is the national flag and not the naval flag. 

What is happening with the swastika? Please let me know if there is an official announcement from WG.

19 hours ago, Aslain said:

7 hours ago, nana said:

What is happening with the swastika? Please let me know if there is an official announcement from WG.

I'd say Aslain already adressed it :)

I want my Historical skin and flags IJN and Kriegsmarine and since it does not change how others see my ship skin and flag mod I use, I feel WG should just keep their hands off this and specially knowing that IJN still uses the Rising Sun flag on their Navy, WG let me have my mods no player other then me can see it, it gives only cosmetic look for mod user and not to anyone alse   

af84a632e50281204f43f746d088c069.jpg

Edited by Jack_Ice

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:27 AM, Aslain said:

does it mean we will get Historical camo and flag again soon?

Not sure how much of a hassle it would be to pull this off but why not have two versions of the modpack? One version that complies with WG's policy so that it can be posted to their forums and another version hosted here that includes the removed mods. The way I'm reading things, WG just doesn't want this stuff on any of the sites that they actually host.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, Aslain said:

Still curious if there is any chance a separate version of the mod-pack which includes the removed content could be published as long as it is exclusive to this website. Don't see why WG would have a problem with it as long as the existence of such a mod-pack were not linked to or advertised on WG hosted sites.

• Like 1

Maybe it's possible to be done as a plugins to the installer. You download a plugin file and places it in Aslains_Custom_mods, and the installer (current one) is doing the rest. You still must care to update this file every WG update otherwise it won't work properly.

Hi guys!

When will be updated:

- german + japanesse navy flags (together)

- original german ships appearance

It is a historical game, so I need the original looks and symbols, I'm not interesting the censorship of WG.

Greetings!

7 minutes ago, Mydgard said:

Hi guys!

When will be updated:

- german + japanesse navy flags (together)

- original german ships appearance

It is a historical game, so I need the original looks and symbols, I'm not interesting the censorship of WG.

Greetings!

I want those mods too but we really can't say this game is "historical game" WG pretends to be... I really hope I can get historical ships skins

13 minutes ago, Jack_Ice said:

I want those mods too but we really can't say this game is "historical game" WG pretends to be... I really hope I can get historical ships skins

When I see the original painting and flags, that's history for me. ;-)

8 minutes ago, Mydgard said:

When I see the original painting and flags, that's history for me. ;-)

hehe I feel you. Miss those mods, only mods I think is worth something and only reason I use mods, now I only have IJN flag but WG can't ban me for using that flag as it is used still to the day just like the USA flag