alihaider123

Compressed Texture mod not working

Sorry for the double post

hey i wanted to make sure i installed the compressed texture mod okay. Because i see no difference visually or in my performance the game still lags Before the mod i had 20 fps at lowest settings after the mod it is the same. I did this

1. Downloaded aslain mod-pack

2. Selected to install only compressed textures 25%

3. Checked the option to remove all previous mods

4. The textures downloaded successfully

Here is the res mod folder and the archived logs. Note: the version folder was created after installing the mod. Thanks for the helpCapture.PNG.4c3eae88e5495d41ddc6ad78d82c0a40.PNG

Edited by alihaider123
Double post

Looks like a local problem, somehting blocked the installer function so it couldn't move files from version folder to 0.7.1.0

1 hour ago, Aslain said:

Looks like a local problem, somehting blocked the installer function so it couldn't move files from version folder to 0.7.1.0

Thanks for checking Aslain, Hey what do you suggest i do?

should i move them myslef or is there anything else i can do?

You can move it, copy contents of "version" folder to "7.1.0", this is what the installer is doing everytime, something interrupted it on your computer, the reason might be antivir or some settings.

16 minutes ago, Aslain said:

You can move it, copy contents of "version" folder to "7.1.0", this is what the installer is doing everytime, something interrupted it on your computer, the reason might be antivir or some settings.

Thanks so I just need to cop all the contents of version to 0.7.1.0 and it will work right?

Yup. It should work, unless something went wrong earlier durring unpacking downloadable 7z to the version folder.

Hey aslain I didnt notice a difference in game what could have gone wrong

My antivirus was disabled all along 

I can't see smoke clouds whenever a DD is using it to hide behind. It makes me impossible to torp them in case if they are still sitting inside the smoke

7 hours ago, MasterRider said:

I can't see smoke clouds whenever a DD is using it to hide behind. It makes me impossible to torp them in case if they are still sitting inside the smoke

Yeah Aslain in 0.7.3.0 I cant see the dd smoke and I die not knowing there was smoke. Also when the ship is releasing smoke it is in orange but when it does it is transparent and I cant see it

Hmm. I will look into this.

Just installed the latest update of the modpack. However, the smoke issue hasn't been solved - at least on my computer

8 hours ago, MasterRider said:

Just installed the latest update of the modpack. However, the smoke issue hasn't been solved - at least on my computer

Aslain said that he is looking into the problem hopefully he will update us soon

10 hours ago, MasterRider said:

Could you show this problem on a screenshot, also atrach screenie from your graphics settings.

Posted (edited)

I just record two short videos for you. In the first video you can clearly see the smoke cloud, but not so in the second one. With compressed textures installed, you have absolutely no clue even if a DD or a British cruiser is sitting inside smoke directly in front of you until the 2-3km mark.

7pR648I.png

6S86y8Z.jpg

Edited by MasterRider

3 hours ago, Aslain said:

Could you show this problem on a screenshot, also atrach screenie from your graphics settings.

25 minutes ago, MasterRider said:

I just record two short videos for you. In the first video you can clearly see the smoke cloud, but not so in the second one. With compressed textures installed, you have absolutely no clue even if a DD or a British cruiser is sitting inside smoke directly in front of you until the 2-3km mark.

WITHOUT compressed textures: https://streamable.com/wygyf

WITH compressed textures: https://streamable.com/66atu

7pR648I.png

6S86y8Z.jpg

Aslain I have the same problem even at the lowest graphic settings

Think I found an easy workaround to this problem.

1 hour ago, MasterRider said:

Thank you so much. No problems on my PC anymore.

Could you help me how did you fix it?

5 minutes ago, alihaider123 said:

Could you help me how did you fix it?

Have you tried latest modpack?

25 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Have you tried latest modpack?

I did I posted on your forumabout the results check it out and see if u can help