Many mods suddenly don't work anymore

Hi Aslain,

For a while now, (latest updates from WG) something is wrong when installing your modpack. A lot of things I have selected do not work, i.e. Auto-login, Ping on interface, No Contour Icons, No minimap functions. While other mods do work like 3 row garage mod. I have tried to install 5 different updates of your modpack over the course of the last 2 weeks, with admin rights and AVg off.

A few days ago I even completely uninstalled WoT and your mods and installed again, but still the issues persist.

I tried to create a logfile, but I get an error from the log-file tool. (see imaged attached) hopefully you can help me out with this issue so I can send you the logfile.

Logfile error.JPG

thanks for the quick replies, seems something is really off in my PC :( Tried the new log file but getting similar errors. Do you know what the code 2 refers to? I have to go to work now. I will try later to check and otherwise have to reinstall the pc

error 2.JPG

Yes, and virus program off. Tried many versions and times, and reinstalled WoT as well. Still the issues persist. I think it started 2 weeks ago out of the blue. Very strange. Will reinstall later this week or try to do a recovery or so. Thanks for the help!

Sometimes right clicking the installer exe file and selecting run as administrator will solve the problem.  Even when you are logged in as admin and left click normally Windows can decide not to run something and not give a reason.  Right clicking and running bypasses this Windows decision making ability

Just tried installing the latest version of the modpack as administrator, like I have done with the previous versions. The issue still persists, als tried running the log archiver as Administrator, also same issue persists. Very weird everything else seems to work OK on my PC. Will try a reinstall the next few days when I have some time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

As Aslain indicated the error you are getting is not related to the modpack or wot.  It is related to windows itself.  Checking Microsoft, they are saying it is either corruption with the user account or a system file is corrupt. 

Below is a link from Microsoft.  Even thought they are talking about Windows 7, it would apply to other versions of Windows

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/shellexecuteex-failed/dca547f1-070d-4793-8a75-8a22d63daaae

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You Sir, are my hero! :wub: 

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately it wasnt an easy fix by scnaning the system and fixing corrupt files. But after creating a new user account, everything works like normal again! Very strange that the only reason I noticed that this is issue is happening was by trying to install the modpack.. Very weird!

Aslain, you can close this now, issue solved!