Banned from WOT using Aslains

Unbelivable i got banned for use of Aslains mods , they are in the WOT hub , this is Fraud, my sons have one account each play in my computer with same mods and never got anything me 2 Bans ?!!! Now they loose my account and the other two accounts that i was paying.. unbelivable Wargaming has no respect for their clients 

Alsain, thanks for the awesome job you do. One of my clanmates also was banned, and he claims he only uses your mod. Of course, I cannot know if he is telling the truth or is just salty, but this brings me to the following question:

What is the best practice for installing updates of your mod? Suppose one of the mods included in your pack is prohibited by WG in the future. Would a record of it ever being installed in your computer constitute grounds for a ban? What are the steps to follow to be assured that every time you install an update of your modpack, all previous records, registry, logs, etc are cleared so you can be safe?

Thank you for your answer and again, for all you do for us players.

Edited by Despero
  • Administrator

If some mod becomes prohibited I will be first to know about it, why? Because I'm in direct contact with boss of the mods and anti-cheat WG department. They will simply let me know before something comes illegal so I can react fast. That already happened in WoWs with my WoWs modpack, WG contacted me and warned that some mod will become forbidden, and I removed that mod. Simply as that.

• Upvote 1

Thank you if I understand you correctly, if this situation ever arose, you would issue an update and just the action of updating would take care of removing all evidence that the (now) prohibited mod was ever installed? or is there any additional action the user needs to take, such as clearing the registry, log files, etc.?

12 minutes ago, Despero said:

Thank you if I understand you correctly, if this situation ever arose, you would issue an update and just the action of updating would take care of removing all evidence that the (now) prohibited mod was ever installed? or is there any additional action the user needs to take, such as clearing the registry, log files, etc.?

All you need to do, when an update like that happens, is install the modpack using "Clean Install" (which is always recommended regardless, just to avoid conflicts and weird issues :) )

There's nothing in registry you need to worry about (mods aren't listed in there)

As for log files - I seriously doubt they'd care what's inside of those - as long as you aren't using mods that breach rules after they make rule changes (they haven't made any changes since the introduction of the Fair Play Policy)

• Upvote 1

i myself was banned a few hours ago. aslains is the only modpack that i use and i love it.....till now. im unsure of what has happened but idk whats going on and idk how to fix it. 

ill be upfront....ill even let u remote in to my pc to see whats going on and see why i got banned. i have used a few other mod packs in the past such as webiums but removed it a while back to go back to yours

29 minutes ago, lxcoupe347 said:

i myself was banned a few hours ago. aslains is the only modpack that i use and i love it.....till now. im unsure of what has happened but idk whats going on and idk how to fix it. 

ill be upfront....ill even let u remote in to my pc to see whats going on and see why i got banned. i have used a few other mod packs in the past such as webiums but removed it a while back to go back to yours

Have you used other suspicious mods in the past? By past I mean it could be all the way back to November 8th, 2016. That's when they introduced the Fair Play Policy globally.

• Upvote 1

From what I read elsewhere, many players were banned for botting this time.  So, if you had a bad internet connection and kept disconnecting from battle, often went AFK after clicking battle, or camped near cap or near arty in the rear often, you may have been frequently reported as a bot and received a ban.

• Upvote 1

From a point of someone who makes forbidden mods.

Why people get banned.

1. WG has NO internal "scanning" software !!! This has been proved by every major RU, EU and NA modding forum. Reason more is that software like that would be illegal due to the nature of how mods work inside the game client.

2. Some modders use a so called "snitch" mod to report users to WG. How is this done: some cheap MF, agrees to add a small "addon" within his mod (it could be a single mod or a mod pack). This "mod" will gather statistics on what and how much you use without your knowledge and send stats to 3th party server. The owner of the mod will call it "I just gather statistics on mod usage". From that 3th party server, WG will draw info. Why: no legal consequences. Nothing tied to WG, everybody is happy. This was done and proved several times: P0LIR0ID, ProstoNoob, Jove, ProTanki. In other words, be careful what you use. Some modders had even been adding bit coin miners to their mods.

3. Is WG scanning the python log: as I mentioned above, it's illegal in some country. Plus it would be to easy to stop (read only python log setting). So, NO. Relax.

4. How is detection done: points system. When it's done: points system takes a lot of time to gather 100% correct data. So no instant bans are possible. BS stories like "I was banned 2 days after I installed your mod pack" are pure retard experts. This is why people who did not play for month are getting banned now. What is a point system: long story short, you "catch" to may targets behind obstacles or miles away (xray mod, aimbot, snapping) - 1 point, you have to many hits without using sniper mod (aimbot or snapping) - 3 points, you kill unspotted arty (redball, AVS/BW mods)- 5 point, etc. After a while, points add up and you must be doing something illegal since "stats" show a behavior not "normal" for a vanilla player (how ever good he is). Being reported too much, same story.

So in other words: if you have any statistical anomalies and you got them for a long period of time, you are glowing RED on WG radar.

And BTW, stats like that are sometimes sorted manually. By the same people at WG that DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME and every little glitch, spot of luck etc consider cheating. Because they are badly trained monkeys. Just remember WG customer support, same story.

I can bet you, you are all doing something that is considered a statistical anomaly by WG.

(same story as in battlefield 1 - to many kills or head shots - you are out)

• Aslain locked this topic
  • Aslain unlocked and locked this topic