Jump to content
Battlenat0r

Why add Twitch port in the modpack?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So why add this port into the modpack, you need actual paid subscription!
This port isn't free-to-all, don't think it should be in here unless someone makes it free to use.
5a9896f3a21da_twitchprimeport.png.87e6ac65d6e1b9dd64615699d2f364a5.png

Edited by Battlenat0r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many other things that aren't "free to all" - why make this specific post? Seems odd to me :)

And someone did make it "free to use" - the mod author :P Hehe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like WoT premium hangar for non-premium users and other similar things :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't see the needs to add it in a modpack, since 1% of the community uses Twitch Prime. And many of them don't use mods.
Many of those Premium ports have been added to it's free-for-all, this Twitch port isn't.
And if people want it, they can get it on the forum etc.
As far as I can remember, there isn't any other mod in the modpack that requires Premium status or any other requirements to use a specific mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand your argument there... you're saying "Why add it to modpack, people can get it on the forum" - that statement goes for ALL mods then.. why add them to a modpack - they can be downloaded on a forum anyways? :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I could kill the Twitch Prime port I would.  Ever since I linked my Twitch Prime account to WG (for the offer), my port always switches to the Twitch Prime port when I login.  Ugly port and it's really annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emalkartha said:

If I could kill the Twitch Prime port I would.  Ever since I linked my Twitch Prime account to WG (for the offer), my port always switches to the Twitch Prime port when I login.  Ugly port and it's really annoying.

If you select another port, it shouldn't switch back again. Mine doesn't.

 

When you switch to another port, game adds: "<i_dont_like_twitch_port>    true    </i_dont_like_twitch_port>" to the preferences.xml file :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

If you select another port, it shouldn't switch back again. Mine doesn't.

 

When you switch to another port, game adds: "<i_dont_like_twitch_port>    true    </i_dont_like_twitch_port>" to the preferences.xml file :)

Then I broke something somewhere.  I use the stormy drydock mod from the modpack.  And every time I login, my port is switched back to Twitch Prime.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Emalkartha said:

Then I broke something somewhere.  I use the stormy drydock mod from the modpack.  And every time I login, my port is switched back to Twitch Prime.  :(

That could be the "issue" - try selecting a regular port, normally in the game, then restart your game, and switch back to the mod one - and things should be fine :)

 

I guess selecting the mod port doesn't add the line to the preferences file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Quaksen said:

That could be the "issue" - try selecting a regular port, normally in the game, then restart your game, and switch back to the mod one - and things should be fine :)

 

I guess selecting the mod port doesn't add the line to the preferences file.

I have the same problem.  I did change it.

Edited by roguewriter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.