Translating WoT modpack / installer language files

• 1 month later...

Just reviewed installer with serbian translation, and there seems to be a problem. For some reason installer doesnt seem to recognize š,č,ć and ž letters, there is just  some kind of symbols in place of this letters. Is there something that can be done about this? 

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Puritania said:

Just reviewed installer with serbian translation, and there seems to be a problem. For some reason installer doesnt seem to recognize š,č,ć and ž letters, there is just  some kind of symbols in place of this letters. Is there something that can be done about this? 

You have used wrong encoding, has to be UTF-8 nothing else.

Weird. I did translation in Notepad++ and it is by default set to encode to UTF-8. Checked translation right now and it reports UTF-8 encoding is turned on, and that this document is encoded in UTF-8 format... I ll check everything again when i come home later today, till then if anyone have ideas how to fix this, feel free to send me pm or post here...

Edited by Puritania
  • Administrator
29 minutes ago, Puritania said:

Weird. I did translation in Notepad++ and it is by default set to encode to UTF-8. Checked translation right now and it reports UTF-8 encoding is turned on, and that this document is encoded in UTF-8 format... I ll check everything again when i come home later today, till then if anyone have ideas how to fix this, feel free to send me pm or post here...

You have saved it as UTF-8 w/o BOM, must be UTF-8

• 1 month later...