Translating WoT modpack / installer language files

• Administrator

Hello, if there is the need i can help with the italian translation. I am at disposal.

See you.

Yes, since the last person who wanted to help is probably away.

Look up here http://aslain.com/custom_messages/

Latest english file http://aslain.com/custom_messages/en_translation_v9.12.6.ini

Latest italian file http://aslain.com/custom_messages/it_translation.ini

Compare both with WinMerge and apply changes, remember to keep "it." in the beginnig of each line.

You would have to update it only, no need to retranslate from scratch I guess.

• Administrator

I'm taking a look at the two translations, the english one does have 900 lines and the italian one does have 580 and with the new patches the mod list is quite different. I think honestly it will be easier to just start from scratch, if you don't mind.

Whatever suits you :) I thought it would be easier to update but maybe you are right. Do what is better for you.

just another silly question: in the .ini files there a re sume lines like this:

"---------------------------------------------[title]-----------------------------------"

The length of these line must be all equal? I think that starting the translation I messed up a bit, if those lines must have a fixed numbers of characters can you please tell that number. Thx

Max

• Administrator

just another silly question: in the .ini files there a re sume lines like this:

"---------------------------------------------[title]-----------------------------------"

The length of these line must be all equal? I think that starting the translation I messed up a bit, if those lines must have a fixed numbers of characters can you please tell that number. Thx

Max

This "line" look fine only in english, if you have different text lenght you have to tune it yourself, count that dashes maybe and substract text lenght from it.

• Administrator

To the new translating guys. 

Please keep all translated strings unique, if they are having picture/sound preview their strings must contain unique names otherwise it will break whole picture preview system. For example the 6th sense icons, and 6th sense sounds, they have names that are being used in both, you cannot use same name in both, for example, "Sauron" is both will damage the preview system. Solution is to add something to the name, for example "Sauron icon", "Sauron sound" they are not the same now and will display the preview correctly.

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator

I have just made the translation in italian for WoWS mods installer from the latest (v.5.0.34) english .ini file available in "/messege" folder.

Not having found a similar topic in WoWS section I upload it here.

Max

attachicon.gifWoWs_it_translation_v5.0.3.4.ini

I'm using a single topic now, but maybe should create one there too :) Thanks.

I have been told by VERDAMN that he had done the italian translation 2 days ago but I did not see it posted here so I finished up the translation I was already doing by myself and I posted here, If you already received the verdammn translation on some other way np.

The translation has been done from scratch using the latest (en_translation_v9.12.6) english version available in "custom_message" forder.

MAX

it_translation_v9.12.6.ini

PS

making the translation I found a few issues I could not resolve, see attached translasion issues.txt

PPSS

Sorry I posted the old version of translation issues file, I changed it now

Edited by maxi961

Oh boy, I thought you two will contact each other on private. 

I did, he told me 2 days ago that he had already done the translation, so I went on translating the WoWS installer;

Not seeing the translation posted here and not having word from him I proceeded on my own.

Max

I'm using a single topic now, but maybe should create one there too :) Thanks.

In the meantime, as long as similar post is not created in the WoWS section, please remember to post here announcement for changes in english .ini file so that the peple following this topic can be warned

MAx

• Administrator

I have been told by VERDAMN that he had done the italian translation 2 days ago but I did not see it posted here so I finished up the translation I was already doing by myself and I posted here, If you already received the verdammn translation on some other way np.

The translation has been done from scratch using the latest (en_translation_v9.12.6) english version available in "custom_message" forder.

MAX

attachicon.gifit_translation_v9.12.6.ini

PS

making the translation I found a few issues I could not resolve, see attached attachicon.giftranslasion issues.txt

PPSS

Sorry I posted the old version of translation issues file, I changed it now

Since you asked about that issues:

crewVoices_Noskills_National_VoicePacks - NOSKILLS is to be considered the name of the people/team that did the mod ?

- Noskills is player name

HandbrakeOFF - in settings/graphics i found an option called "Dynamic Adjustment", did not find anywhere an option called "Dinamic Camera" as you sia was imperative to set otherwise game hangs

Zek7VMs.jpg

.SoilPassability=Soil Passability images really dont understand what is the meaning of "passability"

- passability is ability to pass, like a passages or routes etc..

However since I got italian translated already, I cannot use your WoT translation now :(

btw. I need readme in it, if you want: http://aslain.com/custom_messages/readme_wows.rtf

However since I got italian translated already, I cannot use your WoT translation now :(

btw. I need readme in it, if you want: http://aslain.com/custom_messages/readme_wows.rtf

Maybe could have posted here that you already got IT translation: updated translation was NOT present in custom_message folder !!! .... anyway NP and WoWS readme translation done.

Max

readme_wows_IT.rtf

@@Aslain I've just stumbled across this open source project that could benefit localizing installer.

Seems pretty straightforward to install it and use it. This way  IMHO there's a less chance that some translator screws up other language :-)

Thanks a lot to all the translators for their hard work ! Kudos people.

I've been looking into this but it is posing quite the challenge.

I've found that it doesn't integrate well into an ubuntu distribution if gitlab is installed as well. 

I found an alternative called pootle, but that looks like it hasn't been updated in forever and a day.

I'll continue my investigation on weblate but I expect it to take a while still so no ETA just yet ;)

PS

If anyone is willing to join my investigation, please don't hesitate to pm me :)

Edited by MGIMATTY
  • Administrator

Maybe could have posted here that you already got IT translation: updated translation was NOT present in custom_message folder !!! .... anyway NP and WoWS readme translation done.

Max

attachicon.gifreadme_wows_IT.rtf

Info was posted in changeslog of recent modpack, twice. Oh well doesn't matter now.

There is always mess if two or people are translating same thing. Wasn't my fault, but lack of communication between you two.

I have just made the translation in italian for WoWS mods installer from the latest (v.5.0.34) english .ini file available in "/messege" folder.

Not having found a similar topic in WoWS section I upload it here.

Max

attachicon.gifWoWs_it_translation_v5.0.3.4.ini

Just installed latest version of WoWS modpack (5.1.2.2) and I saw that some of my translation need overhauling (mainly for graphic issues, too long to fit in boxes) and quite a few new lines not translated. If can post in "custom_messages" the latest English .ini I will do the maintenance of IT translation for WoWS.

Max

Edited by maxi961