Auxilium -- Unexpected spending of GOLD for camo

the "remember equipment mod" isnt working right, moving around binos and camo net and such. it will remember right until you use it in something else then it forgets.

the remember camo mod works, except for all "preset camos" are reset every time you click away from that tank. (this happens on christmas camos, and for credit camos)

• Administrator

What do you mean by "it will remember right until you use it in something else then it forgets.". 

ShuraBB  (author) told me that there are problems with Auto Camo, it works well with ordinary camo, but not with the presets. As of Auto Equip, he said it works fine - which I can confirm, since I'm using it personaly without any problems. He said that in case of problems you need to describe problem as much detailed as you can, giving exact examples, what you do it, on what tank, and with what equipement/camo and what you received in result, then attach logs (python.log). He will check it.

Sorry for my bad english b/c it's not my native

I confirmed auto equipment mod some time remove bino, camo net, repair kit etc...

And it also remove all consumables from tanks, just click arround on some tanks and after 4-5 times, consumable will be removed

I found out that if u mount camo in any tanks, the problem happened. If Remove camo from every tanks, auto equipment worked.

So i think auto equip camo make these problem

Edited by datdat
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 1:27 AM, Aslain said:

What do you mean by "it will remember right until you use it in something else then it forgets.". 

in other words, if i select a preset, it will stay on that tank battle after battle, but if i so much as look at another tank the preset will be removed when I return. whether its a christmas preset or a paid one. The equipment one seems to be working now, i think there is 2 choices in your modpack, i chose the other one. Thanks!

P.S. t-34-2 skin seems to not load or be missing a file, it throws an error(as of last time i tried anyway about a week ago)

Edited by tehgoobz

Also having a problem with equipment being randomly on or not on my tank. I've always used the XVM equipment auto-return and it's always worked flawlessly. Since the auto-camo option has been available, however, camonet/binocs/toolbox may or may not be remembered on my tank. Sometimes they're loaded, more often they're not.  I have the new camouflage auto-load set, but the equipment (and consumables, etc) option disabled for the new mod, using XVM version, and it doesn't work right. I have also tried it the other way, with the XVM version disabled and the new auto-equip enabled. This also doesn't work right. So many times I've gone into battle and wondered where my camonet and binocs are :(

I am using the "auto equip camo" mod and it is allowing Gold to be used from my account.  Even with the Gold locker Locked, it still took gold from my account.  I have 2 WOT accounts, one for me, one for my son, it has done this on both and we are using same option. 
I realized I had 30 of the same camo, and with the use of this mod I could sell some for $10k each so I did.  I sold all but 6 of each kind, that way I could jump between 2 tanks if I wanted. 

BUT, somehow I guess if I load the game, and it has an issue loading that camo onto the tank it just BUYS it for you using your GOLD.  There is no popup, there is no warning, it just wham takes it.  It did it before my eyes while I was trying to figure this out.  I even had the LOCK on the gold thing and it Chink took it, 300 of it. 

I submitted a ticket to wargaming and they confirmed it and said that they show that camo was purchased.  Major Bug here!!
This is from them:
Hello Rocket75_OK,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support!

We understand that you lost 300 Gold in the game. Upon further investigation, we found that you purchased camos for your Challenger, as shown in the logs below:

2018-03-08 22:59:38 (2018-03-08 14:59:38) Rocket75_OK Buy Challenger (U.K., ID: 14161) -150 0 0 0 0 3 Customization 2.0 item. Camouflage ""Trimmed spots" camouflage (ID: 15508)" ---
2018-03-08 22:59:38 (2018-03-08 14:59:38) Rocket75_OK Buy Challenger (U.K., ID: 14161) -150 0 0 0 0 3 Customization 2.0 item. Camouflage "Winter two-tone camouflage (ID: 15510)" ---

We hope the information that we provided helped. Please let us know if there's anything else. Happy tanking!

Edited by Aslain
topic rename

Yeah I actually saw that before I posted, but nobody had posted about that mod using their gold without warning, so a little different issue but related to same mod.  Maybe it needs a little more development, especially with an option to not auto re-arm using your gold to re-arm without warning you! :D

And I can tell you that having the Gold locker on does NOT help with this issue.  I had it locked and when I switched tanks it literally "Ching" took it with no warning or log of anykind, popup etc.  There one second, 300 gold gone the next.

Edited by Austin8585

So I submitted a ticket to WG to have the actions reversed and here is what they said.  Basically, if you are using this "auto equip camo" mod and it steals your gold, You are screwed!  Fuck WG can't refund me 600 gold back after I have spent over $200 on their game.  Makes me not want to spend any more, I can tell you that!

Thanks for writing back.

I understand your request to reverse the action that was not intended. I'll be glad to explain this further.

Regrettably, per our policy, we cannot rollback any in-game actions or operations on accounts, even if they were accidents. There are a few instances involving transactions with real currency (Dollars or Gold) where this general policy does not apply; unfortunately, this is not one of them.

We ask that each player take responsibility for their accounts and inventories. We urge you to use caution when conducting transactions in-game, as the vast majority of them are irreversible. We understand that making mistakes can be frustrating; however, we're unable to grant you an exception to our refund policy in this case.

For further clarification on our refund policy and to learn what situation will and will not qualify you for one, please visit our Knowledge Base here:
What are Exceptions and How Do They Work?

For real money purchases, please see this article on refunds: Can I get a refund for my Premium shop purchase?

I appreciate your understanding and should you have any question, please don't hesitate to visit our FAQ's.

Edited by Austin8585

Yea I posted a Topic on that exact issue a day or so before the other one, saying that if you play a tank from the same tree it will charge Camo even if you only click on the Tank in the garage, I also sold my excess Camo leaving only 2 for each one made no difference. I lost up to 1000 in Gold before realising. Also had an issue where from time to time it would change the buying of Ammo from God to Silver, even with the Gold Locker on, also lost a heap of Gold before realising. Contacted WG, they did not care, now I will not buy Gold unless I use it immediately.

Below is my Original Post

Camo Mod Issue will Automatically Spend Gold

Rommel_Field_Marshall posted a topic in Issues & bug reporting

Hi Guys First post so not sure if I am doing it right, have a problem with the Automatic Camo Mounting works great, but since using it have lost about 500+ in Gold. I found if you use another tank in the same tree, somehow it will mount the Camo and you will lose the cost in Gold, I also have Gold
Edited by Rommel_Field_Marshall

Yesterday 450 golds disappeared from my account. i realised now how it happened. so ticket will not work with this case huh?

gj who is auxilium shitter, well done.

aslain u should remove this shit from pack. am i right?

• Administrator

Message from ShuraBB:

Q: Enabled the AutoCamo option and the mod bought a camouflage when choosing a tank :-(
A: Camouflage can be purchased by the mod only in one case:
 - in stock there is 1 set of camouflage
 - it is installed on several tanks
 - one of them in battle, the player leaves the battle and chooses another tank with the same camouflage.
Whatever is not happening, you need to either wait for the end of the battle or have 2 sets in stock. This recommendation is also relevant for consumables with equipment.

In general, the mod does not buy anything. He just gives the command "set camouflage". And the customer himself checks the availability and either simply installs or purchases and installs.

• Upvote 1

I can confirm that Auxilium **IS NOT** performing as we expect.   I just had this happen -- plenty of "gold camo" sitting there, I switched tanks in the carousel, NO tanks in battle and the mod purchased new gold camo for all three seasons.   And, gold locker was enabled.

This mod can end up being VERY expensive for anyone who keeps some gold hanging around.

I have posted this on the Auxilium NA forum.

Aslain, I would highly recommend disabling the inclusion of the AutoCamo piece of the mod until such a time as this feature is fixed.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I've confirmed with Shura that the WOT client (at the direction of Auxilium) WILL spend your gold on camo if you applied gold camo and try to use the same gold camo among several tanks.  To be clear, and what Shura has said, Auxilium really doesnt "spend your gold" --- Auxilium only tells the client to mount "camouflage Nexx" and if that is not available the client (not Auxilium) will automatically spend gold for a new set of camo's.  Thus, Auxilium has absolutely no way of knowing a priori if gold is going to be spent or not.

I get the behavior and the defense of this functionality -- but to an and user it is a matter of Semantics:  Either I manually approve the spending of Gold (which takes conscious thought and intent) or a program (Auxilium) makes the "decision" for me based upon the misunderstanding of how the mod actually works.

In practice the only fix that we as users can effect is to ONLY use Auxilium to share the free camo that came with the latest update.  Use gold camo only if you are aware of the consequences.

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

When you go to buy camouflage, you are met with a confirmation box.

Do you get one, when using the mod? Probably not.......

Precisely.  There is even an option to choose silver in the client, but gold is the top choice, so my assumption is whatever is "auto ok'ing" the purchase is simply taking the first choice. 

It will be interesting to see if Shura can put in place some checks that will determine before hand if there is camo in the "warehouse".

Also, Shura explained the "Gold Lock" and how it functions:

>Also, and asking again, is whether or not the mod honors the "Gold Locker"

The "gold lock" function works in the interface not allowing you to select it.
But if you choose "buy for gold", and then turn on the lock, then auto-completion will use gold.
The purchase procedure takes place on the server side and not the client.

So, I read this to mean "If I already bought something for gold, auto-completion will simply do it again since the server keeps track of these transactions."

• Upvote 1

It's a bit weird that Shura seems to put blame on WG, and not realize that his mod - is bypassing - not one - but TWO user clicks..

When you go to buy camo normally, you need to do these steps:

Mount camo.

Click "Purchase"

Click "Purchase and Exit"

And THEN you get the camo.

So Shura saying it's not his mod buying the camo - seems a bit fishy? :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Developers can be rather touchy -- and Shura did respond with (all caps) "  :facepalm: Mod does NOT BUY ANYTHING!"  

The statement is strictly correct -- it is the WOT client making the purchase.  However, I place this into the category of misaligned semantics -- its rather like someone taking my hand, using my finger to enter my debit card pin, then extracting money from my bank account.  Strictly speaking, it WAS my finger that touched the buttons --- but ignores the fact that my hand was being manipulated, not by my person, but by outside influences.   the WOT client is simply doing what it is being told to do.

I do have some issues, however, Shura indicated that if the warehouse didnt have the camo, then the client would go ahead and buy more camo.  But I know when I go into the client I can see quite a bit of free gold camo (I had put camo on my prem tanks) that appears to be available.  yet, Auxilium still would make a purchase.  So I have some questions about the algorithm being used -- but like I said, developers are touchy when questions come from those whom the developer  assumes have no idea what it is like to code.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Aslain said:

The mod will be removed in next modpack update, mostly for safety sake of users. It may return in future when it'll be confirmed that the mod is functioning properly.

I have a thread going with Shura over at http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/517569-mod-auxilium-savelastserver-autoequip-autocrew-autohandbrake-region-changer-and-more/page__st__80#topmost.

Its unfortunate that in this case some of us lost real currency.   But, with mods comes risk and I am willing to own that.

>And I saw that video he made - totally avoiding the actual issue... 12 minutes of pointless video

Those. for all 12 minutes you could not see that after all the manipulations nebylo spent not a single coin? Sadly ...

>Blaming the client, is kinda silly - because it's the mod causing the issue

The problem is not in mod, but in not understanding you the mechanics of his work! As I said: mod does not buy anything, it simply instructs the client to install the necessary camouflage.

12 minutes ago, ShuraBB said:

>And I saw that video he made - totally avoiding the actual issue... 12 minutes of pointless video

Those. for all 12 minutes you could not see that after all the manipulations nebylo spent not a single coin? Sadly ...

>Blaming the client, is kinda silly - because it's the mod causing the issue

The problem is not in mod, but in not understanding you the mechanics of his work! As I said: mod does not buy anything, it simply instructs the client to install the necessary camouflage.

I saw that you switched between tanks - that is not the problem - you haven't understood the problem I think.

Try mounting camouflage on one of the tanks - make sure that tank is then stuck in battle - and select another one :)

The problem arrises when the tank with the camouflage is in battle - thus making the camouflage unavailable on the next tank.

(If the tank is not in battle - the mod can obviously move the camouflage fine)

>Try mounting camouflage on one of the tanks - make sure that tank is then stuck in battle - and select another one

Carefully re-read the written:

Q: Enabled the AutoCamo option and the mod bought a camouflage when choosing a tank :-(
A: Camouflage can be purchased by the mod only in one case:
 - in stock there is 1 set of camouflage
 - it is installed on several tanks
 - one of them in battle, the player leaves the battle and chooses another tank with the same camouflage.
Whatever is not happening, you need to either wait for the end of the battle or have 2 sets in stock. This recommendation is also relevant for consumables with equipment.

Whatever is not happening, you need to either wait for the end of the battle or have 2 sets in stock

If you have 1 set - in this case will be bought the 2nd. And the next time you will already have 1 free kit and nothing will be bought.

Yeah - I know that - but you don't see the problem in YOUR mod causing camouflage to be bought, WITHOUT USER ACTIONS, because the one set is already in battle?

You should code in a prevention of that... don't just keep saying "It's not my mod" - when - clearly - it is your mod causing that behavior.

Without your mod - it takes TWO clicks to buy camo.

With your mod - it takes ZERO clicks to suddenly buy camo.

"Blah blah client buys it" - only because your mod FORCES the client to do so :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

>Without your mod - it takes TWO clicks to buy camo

:D

Without mod, you should take the following steps to use 1 set on several tanks:

- wait until the end of the battle on the current tank and his return to the hangar (in principle, at this step, you can finish the comparison :D)

- go into the setting of camouflage and remove the current camouflage from the tank

- choose another tank

- install camouflage

Well, every time you want to change the tank. ;)

>only because your mod FORCES the client to do so

You activate this option yourself and choose another tank yourself. ;)