Changing settings after initial install - Help?

First, i am new to the site and Aslains mod. I have looked through the important info, FAQ and the forums but can't seem to find the answer to this question. I apolgie if this is old news for some of you.

I installed the mod yesterday, and selected all the settings.  I would like to adjust some things to see the differences, but can;t seem how to figure out how to change the seetings within the mod.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

• Administrator

Your question is very general, and there is no general answer, as there are various mods, that you can mod differently. 

Basicaly you go to res_mods/0.9.4 (or whatever your version is) and search for config files, .xc, .json, sometimes .txt, or .ini... and edit them with notepad++.

Better ask more precise question, about certain mod or thing you would like to achieve, and learn it that way.

Also download the XVM, unzip, go to doc folder, and read all english files.

Thanks for the help Aslain, and sorry for the general nature of my question, i will try to be more specific.  when i downlaoded and installed the mod yesterday, there was a pop up box that listed a large number of things i could change in the game in a long decision tree.  i was able to view the changes that i made in another popup that showed the difference between them in pictures.  I went through that set of change options fairly quickly as i wanted to get playing with the mod.  now that i have played with it, i would like to make some more changes.  for example, i would like the name of the enemy tanks to appear in RED, not in the rainbow of colours they are now.  as it sits now, only the health bar is RED.  this makes it a bit confusing finding targets on a small and cluttered battlefield.  is there a way to open up that pop up decision tree so that i can change that Over Target Markers to red for the enemy?  of would i have to uninstall and reinstall to get that back again?  thanks for your help.

of course, i don't mind.  i am hoping someone can provide an answer for me.  if these things can't be changed easily, is it possible that a software add on could be written for the mod to enable the quick change of these kind of details?  i am programming illiterate, and am nervous about changing alphanumeric details in code without the use of pictures to see what i am changing.  i would likely end up setting my laptop on fire i think.

One simple solution - from my pov - is to reinstall the pack and play with the options there. Eventually without the 'Clear DLC something' option - not sure right now how it called - no need to download all those zip files again (e.g hit zone skins).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

of course, i don't mind.  i am hoping someone can provide an answer for me.  if these things can't be changed easily, is it possible that a software add on could be written for the mod to enable the quick change of these kind of details?  i am programming illiterate, and am nervous about changing alphanumeric details in code without the use of pictures to see what i am changing.  i would likely end up setting my laptop on fire i think.

Buy Fifa 15 coins 

• 4 years later...