No config file for Battle Assistant

For some reason, the installation of the "Battle Assistant" mod does not always leave a configuration file. At one point in the past two days I found the configuration file here:

c:\Games\World_of_Tanks\mods\configs\battle_assistant\mod_battle_assistant.txt

However, I just installed 1.0.0_06 and there is no configuration file for this mod. I went back and reinstalled 1.0.0_03 and 1.0.0_05 to see if either of those versions left behind the config file, but neither of them did. I can't explain why there *was* a file the other day, and I don't understand the new mod packaging enough to investigate further. I can see in the installer log that the mod *was* installed, and I confirmed that the mod works with the default activation button (MOUSE2). 

I realize this may not be an issue with Aslain's installer but with the original mod. I cannot find any way to contact the mod authors on the Armor Inspector website or I would raise the issue with them as well.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

the config file is actually ingame now,     click the small box  on bottom right corner  in garage and select battle observer  and the lconfig file appears and u can edit whatever u want , 

wish all mods were like this as its so easy to do 

• Upvote 1
Just now, bubs79 said:

the config file is actually ingame now,     click the small box  on bottom right corner  in garage and select battle observer  and the lconfig file appears and u can edit whatever u want , 

wish all mods were like this as its so easy to do 

Thanks, bubs. I'll give that a try this evening.

However, I don't agree that it's "easy", because it means I have to remember to edit the configuration in-game every time I update my modpack. With a configuration file on-disk I can have a template with  my desired configuration and then use WinMerge to apply my changes to the mod config. I'm already doing that as part of installing the modpack.

5 minutes ago, HockeyPhool said:

Thanks, bubs. I'll give that a try this evening.

However, I don't agree that it's "easy", because it means I have to remember to edit the configuration in-game every time I update my modpack. With a configuration file on-disk I can have a template with  my desired configuration and then use WinMerge to apply my changes to the mod config. I'm already doing that as part of installing the modpack.

yeh I agree with that , if there was a save config option  for the ingame config settings that wud be awesome ,  as I only have 4 changes to the config file its pretty quick for me .

all other configs I have like otm  carasoul etc r saved in the custom mod folder so don't need to change anything apart from  version number when needed,

I'm pretty sure there is still a config file  for notepad++  to edit , ill have a look through my folders

found it   

heres the path if u need it

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\mods\configs\mod_battle_observer\armagomen

Edited by bubs79

@bubs79 you're mistaking Battle Observer and Battle Assistant - two vastly different mods. :P

The #06 modpack, installed the config file just fine for me. (Maybe you need to run the game, for the config file to be created? Not sure on that part, actually.. I did run game before checking..)

• Upvote 1

In order to save your configuration:

1. Download attached archive and place it to C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Aslain_Modpack\Custom_mods before you install mod pack.

2. Choose in the mod preferences configuration named "Maxim" and change it as you wish.

2. Replace files in the archive with the changed files from here C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\mods\configs\mod_battle_observer\Maxim

BattleObserver_Config.zip

1 hour ago, Quaksen said:

@bubs79 you're mistaking Battle Observer and Battle Assistant - two vastly different mods. :P

The #06 modpack, installed the config file just fine for me. (Maybe you need to run the game, for the config file to be created? Not sure on that part, actually.. I did run game before checking..)

Good call, @Quaksen! I just start WoT, quit, and now the config file is present. 

• Like 1
Just now, HockeyPhool said:

Good call, @Quaksen! I just start WoT, quit, and now the config file is present. 

Yay!

Yeah I tend to install modpack, run Tank Icon Maker (custom icon setup :)), and then start the game, logging in, before I mess with my WinMerge and little tidbits of backups :P

Because some mods needs the game ran before things are easier to merge (such as XVM creating it's files, and apparently also that particular config file :D)

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, bubs79 said:

doh lol    

@thebluescreenofdeath yeh I do that for my other mods   ,  

wat can u config for battle assistant ?  what changes can u make ?

I like to change the activation key from MOUSE2 to KEY_B, for one thing. There are several other options (such as always following the projectile, the key to activate projectile following), but I haven't found good documentation for all that they do.

9 hours ago, HockeyPhool said:

I like to change the activation key from MOUSE2 to KEY_B, for one thing. There are several other options (such as always following the projectile, the key to activate projectile following), but I haven't found good documentation for all that they do.

strange that as my activation is mouse wheel click by default , but think the mod uses wat u choose ingamesettings

1 hour ago, HockeyPhool said:

I change it *FROM* middle mouse *TO* 'B" :-)

yeh I do like the projectile camera ,  when u shoot in arty  the camera  is on the shell and  u can fly with it until impact lol

1 minute ago, Quaksen said:

@bubs79 Are you drunk? :P He's talking about activating the arty view camera, not the projectile one :P

I was speaking in general about the mod lol , I just realised I just quoted his sentence , wasn't suppose to be response to just that loool

3 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

I was speaking in general about the mod lol , I just realised I just quoted his sentence , wasn't suppose to be response to just that loool

Hehehe... well maybe you were :P

Given the mistake earlier in the thread :D

Should probably have quoted the part of his message about the projectile camera then, would have made more sense :P

12 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Hehehe... well maybe you were :P

Given the mistake earlier in the thread :D

Should probably have quoted the part of his message about the projectile camera then, would have made more sense :P

me and sense don't go in the same sentence :P

• 1 year later...

I do know this thread is pretty old, but I had issue related to that one. My seetings for Battle Assistant were constantly reset when I installed modpack. I filed that issue and modpack author has just changed it. Since version 1.7.1.2_11 Battle Assistant settingg are preserved. I guess now it always saves/preserves config file.

• Upvote 1