Search filter

Hey there Aslain,

My fav modpack by far, so many options and its super easy to install everything... 

One thing if possible would be nice is if you could have a search filter option in the mod selection? Since you have sooooo many awesome mods sometimes it can a little challenge to find a mod you just added into it. It would be very helpful in my opinion.

Thanks and good work!

-SS

• 4 weeks later...

Inno Setup looks like a great tool!  I don't know Pascal or Delphi, but I work in software so I thought I'd hit the forums see what I could find...

First, I'm wondering if there is any way when you are creating the installer to customize/add your own functions in Pascal?  In other words does inno setup/delphi give you a finite number of options, or can you get into the weeds a little and add your own code?  If so (and if you're interested of course :) ) here are some links I found that could have some good ideas / examples / useful functions:

Pascal Scripting: CreateInputFilePage:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=isxfunc_createinputfilepage

example? http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=scriptclasses&anchor=TInputFileWizardPage

Pascal Scripting: FileSearch
http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=scriptfunctions

Pascal Scripting: GetOpenFileName

http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=isxfunc_getopenfilename

Here's another one that I only had time to look at briefly, but looked pretty interesting and mentioned searching/filtering:

these bullets caught my eye...
Sections are now searchable groups and show the files that contain them.
Structures are now searchable groups and show the files that contain them.
toolbars and db dialogs to Find, Filter, Sort, Export, Print.

I don't know if any of that is useful - if so, great!  If not, no problem.  Thanks for the work you've done already!
  • Upvote 1
  • 9 months later...

Hi Aslain,

i wanted to make a feature request, but found that there is an existing one.

Unfortunately I forgot Delphi a long time ago, otherwise I would definitely suggest my help.

Still, maybe following links can help you.

http://delphi.cjcsoft.net/viewthread.php?tid=47754

http://delphi.about.com/od/vclusing/fl/How-to-Locate-TreeView-Node-By-Text.htm

Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear Aslain,

You do a great job and I'm with you since you started the mods job :) Can't even think about using other modpack.

Anyway, now there are so many mods and with a great number of changes from version to version that sometimes is very hard to find something through the interface even if that is structured in chapters.

I found myself thinking many times that a search option on the interface would be a good idea and now I'm writing you about that.

I don't know if this would be a big deal or an easy thing to do but I'm confident that many users would benefit from that.

Kind regards,

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have wished for this for a long time.  I really wish the mod pack had a search function that can be used to find things during install.  Would help me find new things or old things that I can't remember the sub-section of.

I know depending on your installer, that this might be a tall order.  But it could help others too, just search ZZZ, rather than look for the a section then hunt under it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, it would be very usefull to be able to search for key words in the configuration panel of the installation program. For instance I was not able to find "clock in the battle" in the last version.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Isi said:

Hi, it would be very usefull to be able to search for key words in the configuration panel of the installation program. For instance I was not able to find "clock in the battle" in the last version.

Or maybe a thread on the download page where we could search for options would be good if the above is too complicated.

Edited by ZoeBallz
  • 3 weeks later...

I have for a long time been missing the option to search for a mod within the installer. Would this be possible?

As an example; I have turned off the 'Sexy battleresults' when I played the homefront gamemode. Now when I want to turn it on again I have to scroll through 6gazillions of lines to find it again.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I've been wondering if there might not ever be a search function created for the Mod Selection Page, in the Modpack.  I go back and forth changing options, and because there are so many of them, I am very slow in remembering where the options are that I want to work with. I was thinking that if there were a search function for the modpack, it would help speed up selecting options.  Hoping this is the right area in the forums to submit this question.  :-)

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I searched manually for the newly updated "Ping Spam Blocker by CHAMPi" and never found it! :anguished:  I scrolled through all 420 lines of check boxes and radial buttons twice and I must have somehow missed it.  

I've done this before (looking for a specific mod or modder), and keep thinking that there has to be a better way to find what I'm looking for since categories like ----[Chat mods]---- or ----[Various mods]---- may or may not have the 1 setting that I'm looking for.   Not to mention that there are several mods that do the same thing, but are from different modders or from XVM.  

Maybe someday I'll have all the mods, modders, and tools memorized, but I hope it can be a bit easier soon.  Thanks for all you do!

Capture.JPG

Edit: Holy crap I found it under ----[ Minimap Mods ]---- near the bottom!   But seriously, that took me way too long to find :bawling:  Any Chance there is a way to search in the future?

Capture.JPG

Edited by demon646
Found what I was looking for