revo uninstaller caused complete uninstall of WOT

I first want to say thank you to Aslain for continuing to create this mod pack. I need to report a possible glitch however. After I installed the Mod pack yesterday I realized I didnt want some of the mods so I went to uninstall the modpack. I use revo uninstaller every time I do uninstall programs so after uninstalling the modpack using revo I found that the uninstall process not only removed the modpack but the entire game as well. No biggy I re downloaded and went on my way I just thought you guys should have this info if you are using revo to do your uninstalling. Thanks you again Aslain as I am sure this is a glitch with revo and not your mod pack just some FYI.  :)  ;)

• Administrator

Hello, thank you for your feedback, I cannot be responsible on how some 3rd party uninstaller works :) the Regular uninstalling via control panel works like it should :)

You should rename the topic to revo uninstaller caused complete uninstall of the game :)

Hello, thank you for your feedback, I cannot be responsible on how some 3rd party uninstaller works :) the Regular uninstalling via control panel works like it should :)

You should rename the topic to revo uninstaller caused complete uninstall of the game :)

Renamed as suggested sorry didnt realize the way it was worded :huh: . I will use just the .exe uninstaller next time. I do have one question on installation. Lets say I wanted to modify some of the mods or add or remove some to an already installed mod pack how do you go about it? Do i just re-run the installer and change the settings there or should I uninstall the mod pack and start over?

Renamed as suggested sorry didnt realize the way it was worded :huh: . I will use just the .exe uninstaller next time. I do have one question on installation. Lets say I wanted to modify some of the mods or add or remove some to an already installed mod pack how do you go about it? Do i just re-run the installer and change the settings there or should I uninstall the mod pack and start over?

Can just re-run the installer and always do clean install.

It's nice because it always saves your previous selections, so you can just add/remove things quickly and the installer automatically cleans up the old stuff in "res_mods".

I think I've uninstalled the modpack like once and all other times just ran the installer and used that to clean up the game directory.

• Administrator

Actually you don't have to use uninstall function at all, when you update, you simply overwrite all mods with clean install option enabled, this is the best solution, no need to touch control panel or anything like that.