Missing Mod

Hi all

not sure if this is correct section to ask this but here goes:

I updated to latest version of modpack but one of my favourite mods seems to have disappeared, its the one that shows your current Win8 on the RHS of garage. It updates after every game.

Also the Win8 score that used to be on the after game screen is missing. I have messed around with the installer trying different configurations but to no avail....any ideas?

Thats a real shame, was a useful addition. It was handy being able to see how your win8 score was affected during each gaming session without having to update from website.

If I had a bad night I would switch back to my favourite tanks to raise my score back up again :)

Are there any similar mods in your modpack that would do the same thing? I tried different combinations of things but couldn't find anything myself.

On 7-4-2018 at 8:48 AM, Aslain said:

Yasen Krasen beta addons were removed due to bugs.

I find it very weird that you have access to remove files from our wot directory while we supposedly aren't running a client of yours in the background... Every time you come with a new modpack, sometimes more than once a day, mostyle 4 to 10 times per micropatch, you do stuff with our files so we must redownload everything. On top of finding it sketchy I also find it tiresome and can't believe people stick long with your modpack. It takes each time 15 minutes before you find the stuff you want, you can't even save a preset of your own.

edit: Example: unknown.png

Battle Observer button suddenly dissapearing. Or stats on tank carrousel gone over night. Or just receiving errors with above it "new aslain modpack 1.0.0.3.xx available". I never had such experience with any modpack the past 7 years except with yours. Also, when I only take 1 mod out of your modpack like "contours: Wizard" it also extracts all sorts of HD Minimap, audio, models, xvm files and other stuff I did absolutely not enable as I take the preset 'Reset'. Why is that?

Edited by AlexGMillian
1 minute ago, AlexGMillian said:

I find it very weird that you have access to remove files from our wot directory while we supposedly aren't running a client of yours in the background... Every time you come with a new modpack, sometimes more than once a day, mostyle 4 to 10 times per micropatch, you do stuff with our files so we must redownload everything. On top of finding it sketchy I also find it tiresome and can't believe people stick long with your modpack. It takes each time 15 minutes before you find the stuff you want, you can't even save a preset of your own.

Aslain doesn't have access to remove your files - without your own consent. (Nor is there a client running in the background that removes something, lol.)

Mods are removed, because YOU choose to remove them / update to a different modpack version. Read the changelog.

The mod selections in modpack, is saved, if they are not saved for you - that's a local issue - or you're deleting the files containing said information.

Nothing is removed "magically"...

Noone is forcing you to update between each modpack update. Only if you see something that affects something you have an issue with.

8 minutes ago, AlexGMillian said:

Battle Observer button suddenly dissapearing. Or stats on tank carrousel gone over night. Or just receiving errors with above it "new aslain modpack 1.0.0.3.xx available". I never had such experience with any modpack the past 7 years except with yours. Also, when I only take 1 mod out of your modpack like "contours: Wizard" it also extracts all sorts of HD Minimap, audio, models, xvm files and other stuff I did absolutely not enable as I take the preset 'Reset'. Why is that?

Because you are selecting an XVM option - so default XVM is being installed.

And BO button suddenly disappearing is either, again, something local on your end, or you deselected the mod. Things don't just magically disappear.

2 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

The mod selections in modpack, is saved, if they are not saved for you - that's a local issue - or you're deleting the files containing said information.

Nothing is removed "magically"...

Is the problem then that I download the newest modpack through the site through a new .exe instead of doing it differently? I deleted nothing, I also have the older exe's in my DL dir. Whenever I open the newest one on the site it automaticly sets on XVM aslain pref. settings and mine aren't selected. And the other presets also aren't mine.

Just now, AlexGMillian said:

Is the problem then that I download the newest modpack through the site through a new .exe instead of doing it differently? I deleted nothing, I also have the older exe's in my DL dir. Whenever I open the newest one on the site it automaticly sets on XVM aslain pref. settings and mine aren't selected. And the other presets also aren't mine.

I don't know what you do when you install the modpack.

What I do, is simply double click the exe file, and the setup is always saved between each and every installation - for the last several years. Never had any issue where the setup suddenly vanished on me.

Are you, for some reason, using "Uninstall" before you install an update?