autotelescope

Same problem here.  Nothing happens, and it's configured to add binos and camo net when possible.  I'll keep my eyes open for a new version.

Update #1: According to this Google-translated page, the author reported a bug was fixed at December 22 2014, 19:22:40 UTC.  The read me in the compressed mod file shows version 0.0.6.  The next poster links to the same file.  I'll try it later today.

Update #2: Yes, the version we're linking to worked OK for me.  I looked into the readme file some more, and "version 0.0.6" is meaningless, since it also references "\ res_mods \ 0.8.11 \".

I think I spoke too soon, but I guess its an issue of the mod rather than implementation of it in the pack. Even if I manually select the repair kit the autotelescope mod (I assume) is removing it leaving me with just telescope & camo net. Better than nothing tho I guess.

This is the version that sets the gear statically.  It does not need to learn what you want so you need to edit the autotelescope.xml to set you preferences by class (SPG, AT, medium, heavy, light)

ah, I see. Thx.

Looking at the xml file though, those 3 all seem to be selected for all classes, just the order they are in differs. I don't think it should change anything but I'll swap the order they're in in the xml to see if that changes anything.

• Administrator

Just wanted to pop in and confirm I am experiencing this behavior also.  Ill try the version linked in the thread and report back.

Edit: Looks like the one linked in the thread is still doing it for me...

That is normal autotelescope behaviour. 

for me I "fixed" it by manually mounting the repair kit in the 3rd equipment slot, then the mod will automatically select binoculars and cammo net in slots 1 and 2. The strange thing is, when I play in platoon it automatically selects the repair kit but not in solo play. Thats good enough (for me) in my book anyway :)

Is this the same mod where you had to manually set up each tank?  Thats the one I have always used and it would only demount equipment when you switched to a different tank not after finishing a match... 

After searching around it looks like the mod I was looking for is called autoequip...  All of my confusion came from the older installers having buttons to set up the autotelescope mod and it also has an xml config file in the scripts\client\mods folder just like the autoequip mod.

I found the 0.9.4 version of the autoequip mod through google and it seems like it is going to work.

• Administrator

Is this the same mod where you had to manually set up each tank?  Thats the one I have always used and it would only demount equipment when you switched to a different tank not after finishing a match... 

No Autotelescope works automaticaly, while AutoEquip requires you to setup it for each tank in your garage.

I will try to add AutoEquip again, if it works fine.