Can someone explain why half the mods do not work?

I have tried several times to run the Aslains_WoT_Logs_Archiver.exe program to collect the logs. But even that fails to work properly. I have reinstalled WoT once, uninstalled and reinstalled Aslain's Mod Pack multiple times, trying different options, all to no avail.

I have included the log files that I have found, hopefully they are the ones that are required.

Interested in hearing what the problem(s) could be,

_Aslains_Installer.log

_Aslains_Installer_CompList.log

I uninstalled the modpack and WoT. Did a clean install of the game. Fresh download of the modpack. Checked the permissions on the mod pack. Installed the mods. Didn't work.

Sorry to have to say this, but, after years of using your modpack, I am going to check out someone else's modpack.

Why is it then i'm having exactly the same problem and i'm reading more posts of people reporting mods not working anymore. Are all our computers broken down at the same time ? i've been using Aslain for years but indeed i must say i will have to look for another pack

2 minutes ago, DJSKy said:

Why is it then i'm having exactly the same problem and i'm reading more posts of people reporting mods not working anymore. Are all our computers broken down at the same time ? i've been using Aslain for years but indeed i must say i will have to look for another pack

Did you post your logs somewhere?

But an issue like "Most mods don't work" is almost always a local issue - otherwise there would be a LOT more complaining.. you've seen a couple of posts reporting it.. not thousands. :)

these  2 sound like little kids , ah somethings not working I'm going to another mudpack blah blah blah , such  an immature response ,

all I can say is good luck on getting problems solved quickly on other modpacks  when u run into problems .

I've been using Aslain's modpacks for some years now, and YES i've encountered several mods that don't work... But im NOT going to b*tch around and say that Aslain ain't doing a great job and im going to find a new modpack creator to support... now i just use the mods that i KNOW works and only the ones i want to use... im NOT installing every single mod...

1 hour ago, OttoVonGrim said:

Just to make clear which mods I am talking about I have attached screenshots of the list that do not work for me. They are all part of the XVM options.

Overly aggressive anti-virus program maybe? Preventing the patch files from adjusting the XVM config files based on your selection?

IF those options were "broken for everyone" - you can see how massive an issue it would be, IF that was the case.

Anti-virus disabled and installer added to the exception list. So that isn't the issue. I agree that for some reason the install script isn't doing what it is supposed to be doing. Just cannot figure out why. Even the program to archive the logs doesn't actually create a zip file with the logs.

And I didn't say "broken for everyone". That was the other guy.

1 minute ago, OttoVonGrim said:

Anti-virus disabled and installer added to the exception list. So that isn't the issue. I agree that for some reason the install script isn't doing what it is supposed to be doing. Just cannot figure out why. Even the program to archive the logs doesn't actually create a zip file with the logs.

And I didn't say "broken for everyone". That was the other guy.

I don't know what could be causing it then... if permissions are proper for the folders, and you even tried disabling anti-virus while installing - hmm.

The way things work is that installer puts in the 'default' setup, and then small patch files are applied to the config files, to adjust them based on your selections. (at least that's how I've understood it) - and even more puzzling that the archiver doesn't create the zip file - I guess that could point towards the lack of permissions for some reason - are you not on an "admin account" for the computer?

Yeah I know he said it - was more meant as a general reply that one line. (about being broken)

@ OP - out of interest, what anti-virus are you using? I had similar headaches with Bitdefender in that I had to do a whole lot of adding to trusted folders & applications etc yet still had issues.  At that time I resolved it by completely turning off AV protection (all aspects, total AV shutdown) while I installed the mod pack and it worked (disclaimer: I don't advocate doing this so Don't Do What Donny Don't Did...) but given that there's sometimes a run of mod patches I had to do this so often I changed AV packages and it's no longer an issue.

Edited by Egg