Crash to desktop with 1.0.1.1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Teeton said:

say about 1 in ever 10-15 matchs world of tank crashes to desk top and my browser opens to this page. https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdP3MdLSkWbXNzG/giphy.gif. not a huge problem as it only happens at the end of a match but a bit odd.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

You aren't using latest modpack. Latest one is #04.

You can also try this: http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/11372-crash-to-desktop-with-1011/&do=findComment&comment=59992

Unfortunately using 03 didn’t help. Still ctd’s. Even if I exit the battle and wait for it to end it ctd’s from the garage as soon as the battle is over.

Every 4th battle or so. 

Edit, the only thind added yesterday before the ctd’s was Zorgs audio. Trying without. 

Edited by Interface2037
10 minutes ago, Interface2037 said:

I could play over 30 battles since 05b. Either it is something in that update or it is Zorgs audio mod that caused the CTD’s for me :/

Were you using any ekspoint mods prior to #05 modpack?

#05 modpack removed all ekspoint mods - so sounds like his mods were the cause. Trolling attempt probably.

11 hours ago, Quaksen said:

Were you using any ekspoint mods prior to #05 modpack?

#05 modpack removed all ekspoint mods - so sounds like his mods were the cause. Trolling attempt probably.

Yes but I think I removed all of them but still got the crashes. Perhaps there was something left of his mods anyway. Will try with Zorgs today and see how it works. Is pathetic that ekspoint has to troll....

• Administrator

I cannot say for 100% he did it. It's just a suspicion.

There is also new ekspointcore from him that could be used, that seem to be good, but honestly, I'm tired of the situation with his mods. I kind of lost my trust.

3 minutes ago, Aslain said:

I cannot say for 100% he did it. It's just a suspicion.

There is also new ekspointcore from him that could be used, that seem to be good, but honestly, I'm tired of the situation with his mods. I kind of lost my trust.

I think his mods should be permanently removed. I will miss the In Game WN8 calculator and the Aim Info mods. But perhaps someone can come up with something similar. 

39 minutes ago, Interface2037 said:

I will miss the Aim Info mod. But perhaps someone can come up with something similar. 

Extra Aim Info has an alternative already - an addon to XVM called "Sight" - it's up in the XVM section in the installer :)

Found that one while looking for an alternative to ekspoint's stuff myself - and Aslain liked the idea and added it with some different selection options :)

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Quaksen said:

Extra Aim Info has an alternative already - an addon to XVM called "Sight" - it's up in the XVM section in the installer :)

Found that one while looking for an alternative to ekspoint's stuff myself - and Aslain liked the idea and added it with some different selection options :)

Yeah I found it and it’s really great :D 

an update, played 60 battles today and had about 3-4 ctd’s. All after I updated to #06 

i think it could be XVM related. Otherwise it seems more stable now.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Interface2037 said:

Yeah I found it and it’s really great :D 

an update, played 60 battles today and had about 3-4 ctd’s. All after I updated to #06 

i think it could be XVM related. Otherwise it seems more stable now.

From what I know people are crashing without any mods too, as always, so it's really hard to tell. Attach me your logs right after you crash, who knows, maybe I can find something.

3 minutes ago, Borsao said:

This is one step above malware, since it interferes with the play of the game. You bill yourself as a 'clean' mod pack and this guy is really tainting your work. People have been reporting this for three days and its still not resolved.

Make it right man.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Expecting one man to magically make modpack work for EVERYONE's exact computer setup and what not - just a little bit wild to expect that... isn't it?

Some people are getting crashes simply because of Windows Update.

Others are crashing on vanilla clients.

Far from everyone is getting crashes. "This guy" being who? Ekspoint? None of Ekspoint's mods using his 'core' file, are in the latest modpack..

4 minutes ago, Borsao said:

I'm referring to THIS SPECIFIC CRASH WITH THE GIF. This isn't random.

Are you manually installing a mod from ekspoint?...

11 minutes ago, Adenai said:

sry this  is my first log on this forum

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Your logs are from #03 modpack, and #06 is the latest one, please update and see if the issue is gone. (Ekspoint mods were removed in #05)

I am experiencing the crash to desktop with the dr evil gif using version 7 of the modpack.  I am going to the most current version today.  This is my first post, and while i am grateful for the modpack and have used it for years I am close to never using it again.  If it has not been made painfully obvious that purposely causing a crash then adding a gif popup make people think they have a serious computer security issue is completely off putting and totally inappropriate, then you need to reevaluate your moral compass.  Whoever is responsible needs to be outted and blacklisted from modding.  

Mod producers, we are grateful for your contributions and I get that you work hard and feel like no one notices or cares.  

2 minutes ago, Carde said:

I am experiencing the crash to desktop with the dr evil gif using version 7 of the modpack.  I am going to the most current version today.  This is my first post, and while i am grateful for the modpack and have used it for years I am close to never using it again.  If it has not been made painfully obvious that purposely causing a crash then adding a gif popup make people think they have a serious computer security issue is completely off putting and totally inappropriate, then you need to reevaluate your moral compass.  Whoever is responsible needs to be outted and blacklisted from modding.  

Mod producers, we are grateful for your contributions and I get that you work hard and feel like no one notices or cares.  

"ekspoint" admitted to causing all that trouble - but it shouldn't be happning with 07 modpack, since his mods were removed in 05.

(ekspoint is probably butthurt over Aslain and others exposing ekspoint's attempts at abusing Wargaming's embedded browser for background ads and such)

As for getting him blacklisted for modding, is probably impossible, unless Wargaming adds a system where only approved mods are run by the game. (One step is the wgmods.net website.. next step would be some sort of required watermark or something, a digital signature of some sort.. would also help combat cheat mods) :)

Please attach log files, if you still have them from the installation that you had the issue - otherwise attach them should you for some mysterious reason experience it with the latest modpack.