Problems with "Enable auto-mounting of camouflage"

I'm having problems with "Enable auto-mounting of camouflage" in Auxilium option from "Garage mods" section; Do not save my preferences or do it wrong. Does it happen to someone else? 

I have had to disable this option so that the tanks remember the camouflage that has been assigned to them.

same bug here, equipments load well, but not the camo (depending of the tank, it seems to load well for the desert camo, but the other ones are messed up). it may be because of the new customization hangar ?

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

[edit] preset styles work well (frontline, football) except for ranked battles, it dismount but doesn't mount back, custom styles are heavily messed up

Edited by ellana29460
added more details on the bug
  • Upvote 1

In W10, to me begin operate well wen I set up "run as administrator" to all program exe in WoT (WoTLauncher.exe, WorldOfTanks.exe, etc) Then mod remember what camo goes which tank ... 

Edited by Redraven59
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, ellana29460 said:

same bug here, equipments load well, but not the camo (depending of the tank, it seems to load well for the desert camo, but the other ones are messed up). it may be because of the new customization hangar ?

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

[edit] preset styles work well (frontline, football) except for ranked battles, it dismount but doesn't mount back, custom styles are heavily messed up

You have quite few errors in logs, but I don't know why and from what mod.

3 hours ago, Aslain said:

Could you try to install Auxilium only, without anything else, and see if it's remembering your camo settings.

just done, same bug as before (new logs attached)

i cleared game cache, deleted dlc cache folder, etc

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

[edit] i applied camo to M37 and Bulldog, then checked on M37, and winter camo was gone (as before)

[edit 2] also tried to clear %appdata%, no change (and i had to spend 10mn to reconfigure the game to my taste)

Edited by ellana29460
added more details on the bug
  • Administrator

Anyone with that problem with "selected camo not being saved": Do you have enough camo in warehouse when applying new camo to your tanks? If you don't have, which may also happen when your other tank is still in battle and is using the only camo you have then new camo setup won't be saved.

I have this problem recently as well. I have 6 free camo sets so there's plenty to go around all the tanks I might be able to play and have in battle simultaneously.

Most often when I find that a tank is missing camo, it's only one season of camo that's missing (which is actually worse because the garage will preview the tank in, say, winter camo and then when I spawn in a desert map I find that the desert camo has been dismounted).

This is just a casual observation, I don't have empirical evidence, but it seems that the mod is happy enough to dismount the camo from another tank when it needs it but isn't remounting all the camo sets when selecting a different tank. Wild hypothesis, but I think perhaps it just checks to see if the camo needed to preview the tank in the garage is mounted, and if so it doesn't check if the other 2 seasons are also mounted.

It used to work perfectly well until about a month ago or so, perhaps v1.0.1, since then this missing camo issue has been plaguing me :(

• Administrator

If you have enugh camo pieces in warehouse and the mod is still not saving setup for given tank please create evidence for the aurhor (ShuraBB), he asked to make screenies nor video showing the problem and proof that you have enough camo pieces in warehouse + python logs.

I just spent the last half hour going through my garage and selecting tanks, making sure they had camo, going to the next tank, etc until I had gone through all the tanks in my garage, then went back to the beginning of the list and checked which camo they still had on. And indeed several of the tanks were missing one or more camo. Unfortunately, that whole nice sequence should have been recorded by AMD ReLive, but it's (known) buggy and just recorded a black screen with a cursor moving around, so that wasn't very helpful. I have attached my logs, if that's any consolation.

I can confirm that it does not require going into battle, simply selecting different tanks in the garage will remove camo from some of them and fail to put it back. Just like ellana29460's video above shows.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

i've made a video of the bug on youtube (link below)

in the description is listed everything i spotted, so it may help ShuraBB to troubeshoot it

if any further info is needed you/ShuraBB can PM me in game (i also follow that thread here)

edit : forgot to include the logs and yet deleted them

Edited by ellana29460

Thanks for the video.

Now it is clear what exactly is happening: the fact that the WG has a decent enough delay in updating the information on the server when manipulating the equipment. Therefore, sometimes at the time of checking availability, the mod receives data that the camouflage is not enough. I'll think what else to do...

P.S. What's your ping in the game?

• Upvote 1

my ping is about 40~50ms when i log in, i also ran a ping command into windows terminal (54 packets) for an average ping of 43ms

how can we have our camos applied on tanks? do we have to stay in the customization hangar for a bit, do we have to wait a bit before applying camo to another tank ?

fun fact, i have a better ping on RU3 than on EU2 (2ms less on average though)

image.png.3bf494d57eade38893568c68f876f01e.png

Edited by ellana29460
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also curious for an update. It's a pain to have to go into each tank and check for and re-add camo before every single battle. :(

Edit: looks like the most recent modpack has replaced this mod with "Customization Manager", which should perform the same function (and more). I haven't yet played any battles to see if it truly fixes the problem.

Edited by SoftwareSimian
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Rogan070 said:

Having the same issue. Hoping for a fix. Not excited about manually adding camo each time I switch to a new tank.

Huh, with latest modpack you have this problem? With customization manager?

20 hours ago, Aslain said:

Huh, with latest modpack you have this problem? With customization manager?

yep, yesterday i finally updated modpack (from 1.0.2.1#13, since none of my mods were updated since back then), and the camo still are not working as intended.

When i applied camo to some of my tanks yesterday, it was there this afternoon, but when i applied it to other tanks, it was removed from the tanks i did set up yesterday (and didn't come back when selecting them in the garage).

i'm considering switching back to v1.0.2.2 #03 (before adding Customization Manager) to at least get a mod i were most used to, even though it was as bugged as the new one

20 hours ago, Aslain said:

Have you setup camo on your tanks again? It's required step. I'm pretty sure that Customization Manager works properly.

The new mod doesn't work as well as the previous one (bugs aside). The previous mod sutomatically removed the camos from the tanks (but remembered - at least was supposed to - the camo preferences to retrive them when selecting the tank back), but for the new one, if i have 9 times the same camo (to fully paint 3 tanks), then when i setup the 1st tank, yes i have my 9 camo pieces, for the second, i only have 6 left, for the 3rd i have 3 pieces, for the fourth, i have 3 pieces too, etc but when i come back to the tank i setted up yesterday (and yes, it was after updating the modpack), the camo was not there.

Furthermore, when i apply styles (ranked reward, frontline, christmas, ...), the style is not automatically removed (so screw my christmas style i use both on 110 and Type 64, same for AMX 13 105 and B-C 25t for the ranked battles reward, and do i hade to say all my tier 6, 8 and 10 sharing the same frontline style ?).

I have to admit i don't want this mod into the modpack, and will be more likely to use Auxilium aside of the modpack beside of the bugs, because even if i have to put the camo and styles back every time, et least they are removed automatically, and i dont have to look after them in my whole garage.

if u need new logs, let me know