Right Mouse Click on Map for Arty Overhead View

This is a bit of a wierd one !

When I CTRL right click on the map to change the position of the view when playing Arty, it does not always put your overhead view to the right place. Sometimes (quite often) instead of looking at the position you clicked it will simply give you a view either 1/2 way to where you wanted it, or give you a view over your own tank, OR less often picks some spot at random. It does not happen when playing in safe mode (or should I say "ALMOST safe mode" !!)

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

I didn't know about that command, it's very helpful, thanks.

Btw, it's all ok in my game, it always show the right spot. Maybe you can try to reinstall mod but old one to completely erase with mod cleaner, clean all cashe, logs...etc.

10 minutes ago, Vule777 said:

I didn't know about that command, it's very helpful, thanks.

Btw, it's all ok in my game, it always show the right spot. Maybe you can try to reinstall mod but old one to completely erase with mod cleaner, clean all cashe, logs...etc.

It's probably related to a specific mod I use but you don't !! I always erase etc etc when I reinstall btw :)

Re the "command" - If you hold the CTRL key down, you can dot around the map having a look while keeping your aim where it was. It only changes where the gun points when you release the CTRL key :)

Edited by ZoeBallz
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Arkhorse said:

I can say this seems to happen rarely in vanilla.

Well I don't normally play vanilla, but I had 10 battles yesterday to test and it didn't happen once. With mods installed though, it happens about 5 times EVERY battle.

I use Battle Assistant because when I have used the standard vanilla version it always goes to the last view type used.  So, if you were in standard arty view the last time that is what it goes to the next time you use it.  If you were in "trajectory view" the last time then it goes into trajectory view the next time.  And, when I had my arty relatively close to an obstruction in my line of sight, and I was in trajectory view previously, I would have the same problem as you have....at least that is what I remember.   Battle Assistant always opens into the default overhead arty view regardless of which view you used the last time.  And Battle Assistant seems to not be as affected by things in front of your arty as much.

6 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

and I was in trajectory view previously, I would have the same problem as you have...

AH - I think you may have missunderstood the problem. Look where I click on the map (around F9) and then look where the view box actually shows (D1).

No, I understand what you are talking about.  My point probably wasn't as clear as it could have been...and no....I can't make my point "in Finnish"....haha.  I don't think that it is due to a map problem.  If you don't use the "trajectory view" then Battle Assistant probably wouldn't make any difference at all.  But, if you are using trajectory view in the vanilla arty view then I would try Battle Assistant...in English of course.

• Upvote 1
On 6/22/2018 at 1:44 AM, Vule777 said:

As I see in video your minimap is reduced to minimum, can you make it larger and try then?

Map size makes no difference

@AslainWhich of the mods I use MIGHT be the cause ? If you could let me know I will try running without it/them.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn’t use any mod pack in my game;and I also have this problem;I think it’s the bug of the game itself, not the mod’s problem; I needs some suggestion to solve this problem too;Ctrl +rightclick on the map is the fastest way to change target ;but I always aiming the half way of the map;the problem start on version1.0