WN8 chat colors incorrect

Seems like I got it wrong. It’s only in the chat. I use the WoTlabs rating scale and the older version of Colorized chat used that scale as well but seems to have switched over to the original XVM one. So it’s not a bug :)

Edited by Interface2037
Spelling
9 hours ago, Aslain said:

That chat mod is reading colors from colors.xc. Check if it's corresponding with proper colors in battle chat.

The colors shown in chat are XVM original. But does not correspond to the colors in the list of players because i use Wotlabs colors. 

On 7/11/2018 at 12:47 PM, Ress said:

We talk about [Other XVM Settings] Colorize in-battle chat ?
If so,  just installed it and checked config for chat.xc, at first glance i think "customColors": true, should be false. But i could be wrong.

chat.xc.jpg

It does appear that changing custom colors from True to False fixes the issue.  Maybe @Aslain needs to update this in the mod pack.

Older config files form the modpack say:

// Use color scale from "colors" if set (use the ones from colors.xc otherwise)
    "customColors": false,

Edited by Bavor
added info

Last edit on mod_chat_color.py macro was made on Feb 6, 2017. (also original author is offline since October 2017)
Maybe xvm changed something about dynamic coloring, since it imports some xvm stuff maybe this mod/macro needs an update.

Not python expert so idk, but that's my guess.
Maybe someone more experience in that field can figure it out.
https://gist.github.com/Tey/7aff5cb5d7caaa7f49ee820887675eb5#file-mod_chat_color-py
https://bitbucket.org/XVM/xvm/src/350a31ea1370594ca22647a665fbb6f3cbc04154/release/configs/py_macro/?at=default

I think it was just a simple change to the XVM config files.  I have some backup copies of older config files from the modpack and it says:

// Use color scale from "colors" if set (use the ones from colors.xc otherwise)
    "customColors": false,

However it appears that more recent versions of the mod pack are set to true.

On 7/15/2018 at 2:21 PM, Aslain said:

I changed it to what you see in current config because it wasn't working properly.

I've been running your modpack with the "customColors": false, edited config since the 15th without issue.  What was the problem that it caused before?

On 7/24/2018 at 1:25 AM, Aslain said:

The issue was that player names wasn't colored with rating.

Well I fixed the issue(at elast for me) with the players names not being the appropriate color for the rating with customColors set to false.