Cant get Aslains to function after 1.0.2.3 update

I agree, uninstall Avast (bloatware),  if you know how to use PC safely u don't need AV in general, its only waste of space and performance. ;)

My OS is 3 years old (need to do clean reinstall soon) no AV, windows defender off, firewall off.
Only protection is Malwarebytes pro. My OS runs fine (aside from general "age" slowdowns).

But if you do need AV for some reason, try Bitdefender.

• Like 1

Well ... I'm using Avast free for years now and NEVER have i encountered any issues with instaling Aslain's Modpack. mayb its some other thing ? Administrators permissions needed ? or mayb' windows firewall is up and blocks it ?

Try running Aslain's as administrator and if it pops its a dangerous file mark "still run it i trust it" thingy :D should be fine.

I totally uninstalled ALL of Avast disabled everything else I have including defender av and firewall and still, I can only get XVM.  

VERY strange because I really thought that after I re-installed aslains after disabling and uninstalling other potentially blocking features, that it would work.  It does not.  what is really weird is that in the lower right side in garage where battle stats are kept, it states that aslains is up to date.  

I didn't think it was my AV either same story with me (had it forever, never a prob before) but, I had to try otherwise why ask for help?  right?

Any other suggestions?  

Edited by [email protected]

When I had Bitdefender installed it was a bit like that - very nanny-like with Aslain's modpack as well as modpacks I run on other games.  Realised that after 35+ years of being tech savvy I could run on minimal AV input so Bitdefender (and any other system embedded AV programs) got the heave-ho and I don't get nagged.

Long story short: chuck Aslain a contribution for his time, bypass the file storage site links entirely, click the "direct" download link, and you get a clean download, no nasties.

Quick edit - if your username on here is your actual email address, I'd contact one of the admin to get that changed to something else pretty soon mate.....

Edited by Egg