game crashes when i use 2nd screen or go afk

hi all as the title says if i use my 2nd screen to do something or i go afk for 5 mins or so the game crashes and comes up with an error blaming the gpu, so i have ran tests and uninstalled - re installed all drivers for my gpu ( nvidia 980 ) and all seems fine , i do not get any issue with any other games and it does not happen if i do not use this mod pack, i am posting this error in the hope a fix can be found as i really like the setting in this pack to others 

thank you in advance for any help 

8 hours ago, Arkhorse said:

Yeah, I get this error as well. Even in vanilla. Although, I get this error when playing the game. I had a ticket open for weeks trying to fix the issue. Do you have two GPU's?

hi no i only have the one gpu, i am trying to run the game in fullscreen mode instead of windowed fullscreen, i post any results in a day or so 

2 hours ago, ferrus_uk said:

hi no i only have the one gpu, i am trying to run the game in fullscreen mode instead of windowed fullscreen, i post any results in a day or so 

Can you try to remove your game preferences file and reset your World Of Tanks settings back to default.

To perform this, please perform the following:

Hold the Windows key and press “R”.
    In the Run window, type or paste “%APPDATA%\wargaming.net” (without the quotes).
    Delete the folder named WorldOfTanks.

Afterwards, simply launch the game. Also, this will delete all settings. Including login info.

13 minutes ago, Arkhorse said:

Can you try to remove your game preferences file and reset your World Of Tanks settings back to default.

To perform this, please perform the following:

Hold the Windows key and press “R”.
    In the Run window, type or paste “%APPDATA%\wargaming.net” (without the quotes).
    Delete the folder named WorldOfTanks.

Afterwards, simply launch the game. Also, this will delete all settings. Including login info.

thank you i will try that tonight and get back to you 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 5:55 PM, ferrus_uk said:

thank you i will try that tonight and get back to you 

Hi all thank you so much for that bit of advice i deleted the the WOT folder and re installed ect and have had no issues since - your sir are a mind saver and is was driving me mad lol 

2 minutes ago, ferrus_uk said:

Hi all thank you so much for that bit of advice i deleted the the WOT folder and re installed ect and have had no issues since - your sir are a mind saver and is was driving me mad lol 

Your welcome! Its weird that deleting that folder solves tonnes of issues...