Chrome Issues?

Anyone else having issues w/Chome blocking Aslain's downloads? Been doing downloads from this site for over 18 months and haven't had any issues until 2 weeks ago! Now everything is getting blocked. I didn't make any changes to Chrome. Anyone got a workaround? Thanks.

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, Dead_Zombie said:

the issue is, most of Aslains downloads come from:  http://aslain.legionriders.club/   but this one shows it coming from: http://aslain.harmless.hu/ and chrome is saying the site was potentially hacked..

The 5 hosts/mirrors are:

WG's mod portal (modp.wgcdn.co)

eu.blackboxservers.net

usa01.gameservers.global

aslain.harmless.hu

aslain.legionriders.club

All non-WG modportal links are 100% verified on SHA-256 - WG modportal one will have a different one, since it doesn't contain adult mods.

The #01 modpack has the following:

SHA256: b008cc17cf80f5faf8d9661cf168809f562b7842449352bd5c9f3976925744c9 (for links #2-5)

And it was 100% match for links #2-5.

4 minutes ago, Treveri said:

What the hell guys ... I have Windows Defender telling me there's a virus or malware in the file AFTER I force the download ?????

Screenshot?

There's nothing wrong with any of the current download links.

Tried and tested them all.. Aslain does his own checks before uploading, even posts the SHA-256 checksum so you can see if you get the proper file.

4 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Screenshot?

There's nothing wrong with any of the current download links.

Tried and tested them all.. Aslain does his own checks before uploading, even posts the SHA-256 checksum so you can see if you get the proper file.

Your right, my bad ... its whining that its an unauthorized file and that it doesn't recognize the author.

I'm just gunshy.  I just did a reinstall of Windows a couple of weeks ago, and I don't want to have to do it again.

6 minutes ago, Treveri said:

Your right, my bad ... its whining that its an unauthorized file and that it doesn't recognize the author.

I'm just gunshy.  I just did a reinstall of Windows a couple of weeks ago, and I don't want to have to do it again.

Ah, yeah Windows does that to all unsigned files, but I think getting it properly signed costs a lot of money.

You're seeing a blue box that says "Windows protected your PC, Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting." right?

I get that on almost all downloaded programs.

If you're worried, you can use 7-Zip, for example, to right click on the downloaded file, and select "CRC SHA" in the right click menu, and pick SHA-256, and compare that number/checksum to the one Aslain posted. :)