Modpack installer hanging for hours

• Administrator

Have you checked if it's in fact hours or you gave up after certain shorter time?

Either you didn't give it enough time (to unpack big mods - you didn't post logs so hard to tell what are you installing) or something out there on your pc blocked the installation.

22 hours ago, Aslain said:

Have you checked if it's in fact hours or you gave up after certain shorter time?

Either you didn't give it enough time (to unpack big mods - you didn't post logs so hard to tell what are you installing) or something out there on your pc blocked the installation.

No it took a few hours, I let it run and left my house to go shopping and run some errands. Thought by the time I came back I would be ready to get in game but came back to it being stuck in the finishing installation window. Come on Aslain you know I wouldn't say anything if there wasn't a problem.....

I'll get you the logs but not sure what the logs are gonna do if the installer doesn't do it's job, won't be able to give you the information you might need. As far as my system is concerned I highly doubt it's a system issue. Ran the WoT modpack just fine and it completed with no issues and it's a fresh installation of windows with very little installed right now. But give me a little bit and I will try and get the logs for you.

I posted this in WOWS because it was the WOWS modpack installer I was having issues with, I mentioned WoT because I used the WoT modpack installer just fine with no issues as reference to you telling me to check for PC problems

on a side note though I just downloaded the new WOWS modpack and gonna see if the problem still occurs and like I said if need be I will try and get you the logs

So far not looking promising.... I have an idea what could be the culprit and gonna test it out after I close it out.  

Aslains_WoWs_Logs.zip

• 4 months later...