Wot stops With black screen

On 8/30/2018 at 7:47 PM, Aslain said:

Unfortunalety python log is empty, that means you have reinstalled the modpack. Play the game, then generate logs after you have this issue. However it sounds like a local issue to me, some faulty hardware ? Overheating? Old drivers?

I have the same issue since the 1.1 update. It ran perfectly before. It is definitely not a local problem for me, I checked. It may be from WoT or your modpack, I have no idea.

Also, no overheating and all drivers are updated. Hardware is also running perfect.

Tested: removed the mods, it got even worse somehow. So it is from WoT....

Edited by zalmoxis91

I also have been having this issue..I have been trying to figure it out for 3 days and what I've found out is the following for my situation..

1.) When I played in windowed mode had no problems...

2.) Once I went back to full screen the same problem..

3.) Today I went into appdata world of tanks and deleted the preferences file and everything else in the folder restarted game and played in full screen perfectly for 2 hours reinstall the mod pack and again same problem..

i have the same issue in the last 10 days (+ or -). Sometimes WOT became all black and i have to restart my pc (or disconnect microsoft account) because the pc stop working and remains with the black screen. What files do you need to check?

amd 2600x

gtx 970

win 10

21:9 2560x1080

16gb ram ddr4

Edited by AlphAtomix

What I did was paste this in the run command  %appdata%\wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks and I deleted all the files that showed up and got rid of mod pack and when you relaunch the game you will have to log back in with all your info and have been running vanilla just fine..

On the subject of game freeze, i wanna share my "unrelated" experience so far since 1.1.0 launch. (win7_64)

First of...no crashes in game/garage.( lucky me i guess)
BUT i did noticed issues when closing game or closing replay with XVM installed (even latest 7.7.2-dev).
~70% of time game just freeze on exit, and if i alt-tab game close from taskbar but process still stays open in task manager.
And i can't re-launch game or replay until manually closing process. (also python shows no errors...typical)
Without XVM or any mods installed i can open and close game/replay without any freezes.
I know it's not fully related to the topic, still...

In conclusion it's still too early to say that patch v1.1.0 (without any nano patches) or current XVM are fully stable.
Solution #1: IT'S ALWAYS XVM, for first week or 2 (after new patch)...if possible, play without XVM even if it's stable (non-dev) version. Still too early...
Solution #2 (on the actual subject): Update your drivers, also if you got issue after new drivers then rollback to previous version
                 (i had issues with AMD drivers with missing trees, rolled back and waited for next version, problem solved / having up2date drivers doesn't always work)

• Upvote 1
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Aslain:

I'm collecting and checking logs, but cannot find any evidence that it's caused by mods. Only 1 person in this topic posted his logs :/

Yeah sorry about that, I normally do.  I had boosters active while it suddenly crashed and wanted to use them. And since it hasnt crashed since then and using modpack 5 now, there is no point right now to create logs.

Continued to have trouble last night and this morning with a fresh windows repair install and NO MODS at all..Im now trying an earlier gpu driver..Im beginning to think has something to do with the game and windows last update but unsure but have tried everything I can possible...

vor einer Stunde schrieb benray1972:

Continued to have trouble last night and this morning with a fresh windows repair install and NO MODS at all..Im now trying an earlier gpu driver..Im beginning to think has something to do with the game and windows last update but unsure but have tried everything I can possible...

Did you try the borderless windowed option yet? That seems to work for some.