AutoAim Indicator+ allows aiming at any spotted tank

I just played a match with AutoAim Indicator+ installed, and I was able to auto-aim at tanks even when I did not have any line of sight to them.  In one case a tank was completely behind a hill yet I was able to auto-aim at it.  I confirmed that I had no line of sight, even in arcade view.

I just played a match with AutoAim Indicator+ installed, and I was able to auto-aim at tanks even when I did not have any line of sight to them.  In one case a tank was completely behind a hill yet I was able to auto-aim at it.  I confirmed that I had no line of sight, even in arcade view.

yea it happens to me too but i think its good.

u can autoaim at targets before u engage them, and while they are behind cover

can help u out so u dont need to do this while u start the engagement.

i like this mod a lot now, as it helps me easily autoaim by just aiming near the target, so i dont have to aim at a tiny target during a fight while moving... + from me!

Normal behaviour of this mod, is it forbidden on NA?

It isn't specifically prohibited.  I can see why it might be; it does provide an advantage over the standard auto-aim.    But it doesn't seem to fit in any of the categories of prohibited modifications:

• 3D-Skins with Display of Modules and Crew Positions
  • Removal of trees, leaves and bushes or change transparency
  • "Lens scope" modification that removes tree leaves and alters bush transparency around the aiming reticle.
  • Script automated use of manually activated equipment. I.E. Automatic use of Manual Fire Extinguisher
  • Modified Tracer Display (case-by-case basis)
  • Free camera
  • Laser Reticle (red line starting from the gun barrel)
  • Mini Map modifications that passively provide information to the individual player without the use of active teamwork.

Yes, this behavior is useful.  I have never used it before, so I thought that behavior would be considered a bug.  If that's the way it is designed then ignore my report.  :-)

Scott

I am seeing this issue as well. I don't believe it is intended. It often happens when there are multiple enemy's on a hill and you are below there topographical altitude. It seems to auto aim on them even when you don't push the auto aim key. And it seems to prevent you from moving your crosshair onto your target when they crest the hill. The auto aim holds the barrel below the top of the hill at the location it auto locked on them at. This happens even when you move your cursor up. I have found spamming the auto aim key on and off a few times when this happens resets it (basically turning the auto aim off) to allow you to control your aiming. Sadly though if they go un-spotted or back down the hill it seems to auto aim them again and I have to spam to reset again. It is slightly frustrating but the functionality of the mod for everything else is so awesome I can't turn it off lol. I will try to capture/record the issue and show you maybe it is fixable. 

P.S. This is my first post so I just wanted to thank Aslain for all your time and hard work this is a great mod pack and installer.

• Administrator

Since last AutoAim Indicator mod udpate there is a new option, to disable snaping to closest tank or something like that. I wasn't testing it, but you may try 

"snap_to_nearest": true,

change to 

"snap_to_nearest": false,

P.S. This is my first post so I just wanted to thank Aslain for all your time and hard work this is a great mod pack and installer.

You are welcome :) 

Since last AutoAim Indicator mod udpate there is a new option, to disable snaping to closest tank or something like that. I wasn't testing it, but you may try 

change to 

You are welcome :)

Awesome thanks for the reply and the update, I will give this a try and let you know how it feels.

I like the idea of the snapping, it just seems funky with multiple tanks in the area and/or when a tank goes in and out of being spotted.

change to 

I guess I'm a newbie I'm not sure if I did the process right. I changed the variable in the JSON file with notepad and saved it. Is that what I needed to do?

Another question on the line

"no_snap_on_autoaim_off_E": true

If my disable auto aim key is different than the in game default, for instance V should I change that line to read

"no_snap_on_autoaim_off_V": true

If so can this be set to the middle mouse button using his list of key codes? Meaning ... 

"no_snap_on_autoaim_off_258": true  

And does that line of code just provide and on/off switch for the mod by pressing the hotkey?