7.9.0 Startup bug

Im also having this very same issue.  I played several times today at different times and no problems.  Got home from work this evening and downloaded the new modpack iteration for 7.9 and I am getting the same error box as above while trying to log in to the game.   I would be hard pressed to believe that it is anything but a mod relate issue.  

I went on to TS to talk to clan members and anyone who has downloaded the new modpack cant log in and those who havent dont have any problems logging in.

I also tried the verify and repair feature on the Wargaming welcome center and that did not fix the issue either.

By the way if any of you folks are using the skins in Aslains pack or any skins at all from anyone like Tanz, wargaming did something thats causing camo.xml to

crash the game. I installed the No Rust skins pack and this morning game would freeze after loading. Moved everything it installed in res_mods out & everything was fine & dandy [ models didn't even load, just froze the game ].

Must be related to the RN destroyers released, so if you got those custom skins move them out of the res_mod folder & you should be fine. Move the PNFMODS folder too, in case your wondering what the devil that is, it allows you to have skins for each individual ship without overiding other ships so no mix & matching. However that directory needs every ship part to make it work so its many many GB's in size.

54 minutes ago, handyandy said:

From what I can tell from doing a bit of trial and error, it appears that the custom Shells and Tracers by Blackskull is what's causing the crashing, at least on my end. (yes I made an account just to say this)

Can confirm, this mod was causing my issue. Works fine without.

1 hour ago, handyandy said:

From what I can tell from doing a bit of trial and error, it appears that the custom Shells and Tracers by Blackskull is what's causing the crashing, at least on my end. (yes I made an account just to say this)

Removing this mod got me further into the loading, but it still didn't complete loading.  I will try to figure out what the other problem mod is.