Download problem

14 minutes ago, Aslain said:

You posted in wrong topic. I split it up.

It's false-positive, aggressive antivir don't like websites with ads. You can support me another way (paypal/patreon) and click on direct links.

It's avast and ya it screws itself down tight after an update sometimes it takes weeks to get it tweaked back in. I hadn't realized it auto updated overnight. I really REALLY hate auto update.

Just got a phishing scam alert from my AVAST virus software trying to download the WOT update today on all download locations. The alert was for phishing . URL. The download was blocked on every one of the download sites I tried.

Edited by Dinotanker
2 minutes ago, Dinotanker said:

Just got a phishing scam alert from my AVAST virus software trying to download the WOT update today on download location #3. Will try other download sites and report back on them later.

Moved your post into a similar thread, and out of the wrong one.

See Aslain's reply above.

It's most likely just the AV companies flagging the domains, for occasionally having that "fake techsupport" website, which is a phishing attempt, trying to get people to enter their stuff. There's really nothing to do about it.

There's already several alternatives to use too :)

49 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

It's most likely just the AV companies flagging the domains, for occasionally having that "fake techsupport" website, which is a phishing attempt, trying to get people to enter their stuff. There's really nothing to do about it.

There's already several alternatives to use too :)

If by alternatives you mean another site we can use to download, a location would be far more helpful than just saying the word alternatives. Right now ALL of the sites on the aslain's page are blocked to me and again this is new today.

9 minutes ago, Dinotanker said:

If by alternatives you mean another site we can use to download, a location would be far more helpful than just saying the word alternatives. Right now ALL of the sites on the aslain's page are blocked to me and again this is new today.

No, "ALL" of them are not blocked. Did you try the direct link as Aslain suggested above?... :)

fqamu4W.png

On 10/18/2018 at 10:39 PM, Dinotanker said:

Thanks for that info. That is what I meant when I mentioned location. Since there is no indicator that the words "direct" were anything different than the download link I had no idea that they went to different locations.

Direct means it goes directly to download modpack.

Download link goes through the ad-supported page, and then to the same download link that direct provides.

It's a means to support Aslain. Using direct gives him nothing at all - unless you donate.

There's plenty indicator, given that it's a seperate link all together, next to the other one, called "direct"

:)

• Upvote 1