WoT modpack v1.2.0.1 #07 infected?

Weird that the others are being blocked by "network error", and then you have that message with direct links.

I would say.. if you're having a warning about trojan, I would consider scanning the whole PC instead.. because Aslain's file is fine. You could try comparing it with the SHA hash that Aslain does, to verify the file.

Scanning the whole PC doesn't resonate with this symptom but I appreciate the suggestion.

Hmmm...  well, i pulled the IP address for that server and excluded it (temporarily) from my firewall's screening process and the download is proceeding.  I've downloaded probably 100+ versions of Aslain's and never before had this issue.  I'll report it to SonicWALL as a "false positive" and see what they have to say (after I manually scan the file too).

The reason I suggested scanning PC, is if you might be infected on your computer, a new exe file being downloaded could get infected right away and thus trigger the anti-virus.

Never heard of your software before (the SonicWALL), so not sure how that one might work :)

At least the file I downloaded, is fine :)

• Upvote 1

SonicWALL is a brand of commercial (as opposed to consumer grade, like Netgear, Trendnet, etc) router/firewall.  I own an IT consulting company so this is going through my business network.  Therefore, I use a higher level of protection.  My work/play PC also has its own AV solution and is scanned regularly and automatically.  It's not infected.  I've reported it to the monitoring folks as a possible "false positive".  It's also possible that the domains hosting Aslain's files are on someone's "black list".  I worked around it, downloaded the file, scanned it (clean), and this is a closed issue.

• Aslain locked this topic