Mod troubleshooting tools, tips

I have a intermittent issue that has proven hard to find, maybe once a night the game will stop at the battle loading screen.  Clock keeps going, but never loads in battle.  Alt + F4 and a restart loads into battle right away.

So I need to figure out which mod, or mod combo is causing this.

1.  What is the name and location of the file that stores which mods you have selected?  This way I can back it up and restore it when I figure the issue, so I don't have to re-select each mod.

2.  Is there a log file that runs during the game that tracks which mods loaded?  This would tell me which one it is getting stuck on.

3.  Any idea which mod types I should look at first?

Thanks for any help in figuring this out.  The issue has been going on for a while now and I have tried updating Aslain's many times, reinstalled WoT, changed WoT settings, and searched.

• Administrator

1. Installer is saving selected mods to one file: (i.e. c:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\Aslain_Modpack\_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf), but to load them from it you have to use LoadInf.exe application (available in modpack). I think it's easier just to relaunch the installer and pick different mods especialy that it remembers previously selected mods.

2. There is: python.log

3. Hard to tell, it all depends on many factors, I would probably start without: XVM, Sound mods, Tank skins, then the rest.

• Aslain locked this topic