1080 Ti oc mod/xvm conflict

Hello all,

Before I begin, I would like to state that I am not here to anger and or make enemies with anyone, I am simply reporting a potential bug issue!

This has been an ongoing issue for at least a few months. When I was running a single gpu I will see random frame drops down into the twenties and thirties( mostly thirties) and on occasion this would cause my gpu to stutter and come back around, most of the time it doesn't cause any visible effects. Now that I am running SLI that will sometimes compound the issue and can cause artifacting( sometimes minor and sometimes it becomes very difficult to play due to the severity). Prioir to running in SLI I hadn't really put up any real time monitoring while I was gaming and now I have been for a month or more, and what I am noticing is that both gpu's are not being fully utilized and getting max of 90 fps and still seeing the dips into the 30's for 2- 1080 Ti oc ran in SLI, mind you that I have all settings maxed out with full 4K and running 120HZ refresh. With just wot running with no mods I don't experience any of these issues and get frame spikes of 170-180 with an average of 155-160 fps with full utilization of both gpu's.

Here is what I did to to do some testing I did a clean install of the mod pack over existing install and unchecked every mod and I got the same results with no difference, so, to my knowledge the only thing that was functioning was xvm. The only thing I can determine is either xvm is causing the driver conflict or possibly it might be aslians core build, however that is only a guess? Honest and respectful feedback is very welcome, as I am uncertain if this has something to do with all 1080 drivers or, it may be limited to the 1080 Ti's or just the overclocked models with a different vbios flash, but a definitive conflict is there. To note, I have ran furmark for 20-30 minutes with no problems it runs beautifully, and other games are never an issue.

I am running on the MSI Z370 gaming platform with the 8086K and 2- Gigabyte 1080 Ti Extremes, gskill 3600Mhz ram with samsung 960 evo pro and a corsair 1000 watt psu

All major components are liquid cooled, cpu average of 46 C and gpu's never see over 40 C, and even furmak pushed them to only 42 C

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Hello,

OK, thank you for the information. Although I do have a question about how I stripped all the mods? Is that an effective way to remove all the mod files and any part/trace file remnants for your program? It would be good to know for further in depth testing.

3 minutes ago, Pillsrgood said:

Although I do have a question about how I stripped all the mods? Is that an effective way to remove all the mod files and any part/trace file remnants for your program? It would be good to know for further in depth testing.

You could run the uninstaller - but it would also wipe the file that remembers the modpack setup, if I recall correctly..

So you may want to use the manual way of removing mods:

Go into World of Tanks\mods\VERSION\ and delete everything inside of that.

Go into World of Tanks\res_mods\VERSION\ and delete everything inside of that.

That's all mods gone - with their config files left behind in case you need them for the future.