Feature request for the modpack

Hi Aslain,

Your modpack is the most comprehensive and complete modpack for WoT there is.  You have amazingly collected over 100 mods, with millions of permutations, and just about all of them work together nicely, thanks to you!

With all of these mods, I was hoping that you could make things a little easier to manage, with the 2 following feature requests:

1)  Make it possible to search the list of mods for a text string, or maybe even a category.  I wanted to see what the new Friends mods do, and I had to carefully scroll through 3/4 of the mod list to get to them.  It would have been nice to just search for "friend" and be snapped right to the mod.

2)  Build in the ability to save our mod choices in that dropdown menu at the top of the list, where your default configs are listed.

a)  Be able to import/export the list, so it can be backed up and/or shared.  My son has started playing, and he wants my config.  It'd be cool if I could just copy an XML file over to his computer, and it would load my mod choices for him.

Just some ideas...  Love the modpack, and appreciate all the time and work you put into it!

Happy holidays!

- J.

Edited by ChicagoJay
  • Administrator

Thanks for kind words!

The search feature is the most wanted yet I cannot provide it in this Inno Setup compiler, it has no such option. It would require to create new custom installer from a scratch, something that isn't possible for me.

The load/save mods settings button is possible to be created in Inno Setup, but I don't know how to do it (for now). So you are limited to LoadInfo.exe which works perfectly.

Happy holidays too!

53 minutes ago, Aslain said:

The load/save mods settings button is possible to be created in Inno Setup, but I don't know how to do it. So you are limited to LoadInfo.exe which works perfectly.

So, if I copy LOADINF_for_Aslains_Installer.exe to the other computer, it'll get the same options selected?

4 minutes ago, Aslain said:

All you need is this .exe + _Aslains_Installer_Options.inf (which can be found at i.e. c:\Games\World_of_Warships_EU\Aslain_Modpack\)

The .inf file is containing recently installed mods.

Cool - I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!