Strange behavior of "team aware" mod ..

Hi there,

.. just added the "team aware" mod to my via Aslains installed mods.

Cane across a strange problem. Just a bit after I added the mod I received a chat ban from WG.

After that I was able to see what the reason was ( no - I was not swearing , insulting or using any foul language ).

But getting banned displays a message every time you try to use the chat and transmit a message.

So I am able to see what caused the chat ban.

It seems that "team aware" transmit informations that are not displayed - at least one message every minute when it is installed.

You can only see it if you are banned since you get a notification lke in the attached pic.

And this "broadcast" from "team aware" seems to be a violation of WGs chat rules.

Recommend updating or removing it temporary from the mod pack.

Opened a ticket with WG asking why I was banned - usually they send you a part of their server log that shows why. But since it is Christmas / NYE they need a bit more time than usual.

HF - GL & take care!

Grim

28-12-_2018_23-35-16.png

Ok - got feedback from WG - it is true that the mod frequently sends hidden updates using the chat - but that behavior did not cause the ban.

I have just been a bad guy :naughty:

So - no problem at all with "team aware". 

Looked up the "team aware" mod in WGs ModStation (WGs official mod repository) - they also offer it for download so it seems to work properly.

Ignore the previous post please.

Cheers,

Grim

• Aslain locked this topic