Please add alternate carousel orderings?

Baldrickk

The default carousel ordering is:

[nation, type, tier]

This is pretty for small garages, but I find that I typically want to play a tank of a tier, especially when with a platoon.

I would therefore request the option that the order can be set to:

[tier, type, nation]

obviously, options for other orderings that would suit other people would be good too.

It's one of the changes I go and make manually every time I update.

You should have a look at: 

\World of Tanks\Aslain_Modpack\Custom_mods\

That way you can avoid having to make the adjustment manually each time.

For platoon play, it would probably be easier and also rule out other tiers, to just use the garage filters instead, selecting the tier and possibly type to use.

• 4 weeks later...

I also wish this was an option.  I too platoon, and we alternate picking tiers.  I do use the filter to filter one tier, but I have to select the filter, select the new tier, and deselect the old tier, then close the filter.  And custom mods are hassle with the updates, so I never bothered.

I put it in my - G:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Aslain_Modpack\Custom_mods

I then downloaded the latest modpack, since it had been updated.  I ran the update, loaded the game and my tanks are still not ordered by level.  I am using XVM, as I pulled and edited the G:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\carousel.xc before sending it to you.

I then looked at the current G:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\carousel.xc file, and it does have the edit.  So I don't know why it isn't working.  It is like XVM is ignoring the file.

Well, I searched to find all carousel.xc files in the world of tanks folders, and only the above two showed up.  I then verified that both files had the sorting_criteria with level first.  I then reopened WoT, did a filter to just show tier 7 and 8, and found the 7s and 8s were intermixed and not all 7s first.  I then verified the files were utf-8 encoded.  I have run out of ideas.  I can't think of any mistake I made nor anything else that might be over riding it.