Double Server Cross

Not really much of an issue but I experienced that you get 2 server crosshairs now, if you activate it ingame and choose to have it in the installer as well.

They both move slightly delayed too, so, not sure which of them is more accurate.

Obvious fix is to disable one of them and I chose to just disable it ingame and the modded one still works too.

I guess my question is, did the modded server cross overwrite/disable the ingame one in past versions and is just not doing this anymore?

Or is something wrong with the mod itself, since you are supposed to have the ingame cross enabled, in order to use the modded one (at least you used to)?

I also might have to add, that this didn't show up in replays.

After changing to Meltymap's, I ran a replay to check out if it changed and there was only 1 server cross.

Ingame, however, there were 2 again.

And that's normal?

Like I said, I've never had it like this before.

Starting to doubt myself now but I think I would remember 2 crosshairs floating around, having 3 crosshairs in total.

I guess maybe one of the crosshairs never worked for me then, up until now. <.<

• Administrator

Yes it's normal, you should see 2 crosshairs :) One for normal, and one for server, so you can compare how bad the normal corsshair is when trying to aim at moving targets and you you rotate your turret :) The server crosshair is the one that lags the most.

• Upvote 1

I see, thx for clearing that up for me then. xD

Still wondering though why it never was like this before, even though I never changed anything (always had it activated ingame and used the mod).

• Administrator

I see, thx for clearing that up for me then. xD

Still wondering though why it never was like this before, even though I never changed anything (always had it activated ingame and used the mod).

Maybe you never had it installed correctly (the server crosshair).

Idk, just looking at the shapes of the 2 individual crosshairs, I would say that I had both but locked in the same place; if that makes sense.

Like, the server cross kinda looked like both the mod and the server cross put together but I definitely never had it that there were actually 2 crosshairs delayed like that when turning tracks and/or turret.

However, hard to try to figure it out now, since I don't have any footage to analyze and never paid that much attention to the specifics of the crosshair.

I only noticed it last night, that I suddenly got 3 corsshairs in total, while not touching the ingame setting for server cross in months and always installing fancy blue cross mod.

So I didn't ever change anything and now had those 2 crosshairs.

• Administrator

The main feature of Server Side crosshair mod is to have two crosshairs at the same time on your UI, one for server side crosshair, and one for regular crosshair. 

If you want to see only 1 crosshair you don't install this mod, but simply go to game menu and enable server crosshair.

No, it's cool, I always thought that the mod replaced the game version of it or something, being more accurate or so. =3

I'm trying it out and it's not too bad.

Last night I had a little bit more lag and it was pretty bad; also being new to me and all.

Seems to be good now though, hardly notice it once I got used to it.