latest info & mods update

Hi,

doesn't look like there is a general consensus about it. For some ppl it's fixed somehow (for unknown reasons), another person fixed hang-ups doing right-click > run as Admin on the game client and others don't report back for days.

So, I can't see consistency in there.

Since I can't confirm a lot of issues, I can also just say the same things if some unknown crash/hang-up/problem happen:

- try to use latest version of the installer

- always use clean-install at least (with the option in the installer)

- clean out DLC content and re-download it

- clear game cache (with the option in the installer)

- avoid using additional mods or at least use this installer here first > check if everything works > add another mod > check if it works still > and so on

- try using right-click > run as Admin on the installer and/or the game client

- try disabling your antivirus for the installation

The last 2 can be security risks for your system but since Aslain is an IT guy, it's fairly safe to assume that he doesn't spread infected files.

I still recommend that you don't do like online-banking and stuff, while antivirus is down and while playing WoT.  :rolleyes:

So if everything of the above fails, there's not much left but to report issues with the help of detailed information and the log files and wait and see, if they can be replicated and fixed.

• Administrator
The last 2 can be security risks for your system but since Aslain is an IT guy, it's fairly safe to assume that he doesn't spread infected files.

I always scan the installer before I send it online.

This is too serious modding to spread any viruses and trojans on you, would never do that ever.

• Upvote 2

Hi,

doesn't look like there is a general consensus about it. For some ppl it's fixed somehow (for unknown reasons), another person fixed hang-ups doing right-click > run as Admin on the game client and others don't report back for days.

Since I can't confirm a lot of issues, I can also just say the same things if some unknown crash/hang-up/problem happen:

- avoid using additional mods or at least use this installer here first > check if everything works > add another mod > check if it works still > and so on

I still recommend that you don't do like online-banking and stuff, while antivirus is down and while playing WoT.  :rolleyes:

So if everything of the above fails, there's not much left but to report issues with the help of detailed information and the log files and wait and see, if they can be replicated and fixed.

Aslain did re-add Sword of Demonicles two days ago however, so if you install the latest version of the mod pack, you should be able to have it work properly. As for Sixth sense, I would also try a re-installation and make sure no mods are conflicting. Any issues with 6th sense definitely seem to be directly related to the other mods that you use. Try downloading the latest version of Aslain's mod pack, and both of these should be working assuming you don't mix sound mods, 6th sense mods, and crosshair mods of the same type.

Well, according to

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/58-client-hangs-up-on-loading-screen/page-2

the issue could be resolved for that guy, running as Admin.

As for antivirus, some of the software is known to be overprotective and prevents certain files from being executed (usually the big stuff, which you pay lots of money for).
I would have to dig through the old forum, since I think there was a case like that once but I don't really feel like it.
It's easy enough to do and the last thing on your list anyway, if you're desperate.

So I still stand to those 2 options and it's worth trying as much as you can, before having to file a report and maybe wait for days to get it fixed, when you could have fixed it within minutes by yourself.

E: Fixed it, Grinch!

Well, according to

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/58-client-hangs-up-on-loading-screen/page-2

the issue could be resolved for that guy, running as Admin.

As for antivirus, some of the software is known to be overprotective and prevents certain files from being executed (usually the big stuff, which you pay lots of money for).

I would have to dig through the old forum, since I think there was a case like that once but I don't really feel like it.

It's easy enough to do and the last thing on your list anyway, if you're desperate.

So I still stand to those 2 options and it's worth trying as much as you can, before having to file a report and maybe wait for days to get it fixed, when you could have fixed it within minutes by yourself.

E: Fixed it, Grinch!

Incredible. Well, you've proven me wrong... I guess you may as well give it a shot.

However, as I already said, the first thing you should try is simply installing the latest version of the mod pack; since Aslain has re-uploaded those mods after their functionality was restored.

Incredible. Well, you've proven me wrong... I guess you may as well give it a shot.

However, as I already said, the first thing you should try is simply installing the latest version of the mod pack; since Aslain has re-uploaded those mods after their functionality was restored.

Hi,

+1 for accuracy.  ;)

Aslain did re-add Sword of Demonicles two days ago however, so if you install the latest version of the mod pack, you should be able to have it work properly. As for Sixth sense, I would also try a re-installation and make sure no mods are conflicting. Any issues with 6th sense definitely seem to be directly related to the other mods that you use. Try downloading the latest version of Aslain's mod pack, and both of these should be working assuming you don't mix sound mods, 6th sense mods, and crosshair mods of the same type.

As for other mods, aslains is the only one I use. :)