Game wont launch: "Game resource path does not exist: ./res/packages/hangar_premium_23febv3.pkg"

"Game resource path does not exist: ./res/packages/hangar_premium_23febv3.pkg"

I tried:

- clean install

- Remove the contents of DLC

- Reset the game settings and clean up the cache

- both on & off: Garage appearance: Dumadidak Black Hangar (thinking hard coding another garage might get rid of the issue, i never install any garage mods)

Attached are the files requested & ErrorSS.png screenshot.

I do have the game installed on a different drive, S: which is an SSD. 

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

post-1963-0-44838600-1423851869_thumb.pn

I have exact same issue since updating Aslain xvm modpack last night. Went so far as to completely remove WoT (and all associated files) and re-downloaded the entire game.

WoT then worked fine. Downloaded Aslain modpack installer, only hangar mod I choose if the hangar clock and carousel which I always have used. Launch game and get same error as OP, cannot play WoT now.

post-4822-0-01255400-1423853886_thumb.jp

Its more than just hangar_premium_23feb_v3. Its also hangar_WGL_5S and hangar_WoT_CN. I tried doing what you did tone but used a copy of hangar_premium_v2 and just renamed them. Still didnt work. 

I turned off the only hanger mod and re-installed 4.2.5 but it still bombed after launch. It doesnt get to the loading screen at all just white program window and then poof.

Deleted the all contents of the res_mod folder except an empty 0.9.6 folder and game launches fine.

No need to reinstall the game guys. Its the mods we add on that break the game. 

_Aslain_logs.zip  python.log

We need;

- the file location that references the /res/packages/hangar_premium_23febv3.pkg so we can delete that reference

or

- an updated aslain installer that takes care of this issue

or

- someone to upload their hangar_premium_23febv3.pkg so we can put into /res/packages/

I was able to fix my XVM install by running the installer and not selecting ANYTHING in the menu, along with cleaning the cache setting available in the installer. After that, I was able to use the previous version and it works fine now.

The DLC being down will reset your icons, however, as you can't get any custom ones you selected.

Damit.. this need to be fixed like asap! So many people with the same probleme! cant be that much of a trouble to fix that is it?

I tryed to reinstal older version didnt work.. tryed to uninstall it and still didnt work... dont know what that undate did but it fucking fuck up my shit and i aint happy about it!

• Downvote 1

Same issue as above, Had to revert to manual install of crosshair, XVM and sounds to get near what I had with Aslain's mod.

I played smart this time and made a complete copy of the WOT game folder in case something goes wrong.

I have tried everything stated above and went as far as removing the reference to the offending files but no joy.

I hope this gets sorted out soon and wish I was a programmer so I could dig deeper into the mod and try to find the issue.

Thx.   

Too bad I had already obliterated the 9.5 source files after the unfortunate update 

I get a 404 error when running this; is this tied to the 9.6 update?

read the release notes, please.

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/1551-game-wont-launch-game-resource-path-does-not-exist-respackageshangar-premium-23febv3pkg/#entry7896

i guess i'm keeping a backup of my DLC folder going forward.

• Upvote 1

as a simple work around.. (This is from ME only and not endorsed by anyone, use at your own risk!)

Reinstall aslain's modpack 4.1.38.1_95 (or close)

start game.. you may get an error saying ./res_mods/0.9.6 does not exist!  If you do go to your res_mods folder and copy your 0.9.5 folder, then paste it into res_mods, it shoudl say 0.9.5(Copy). rename this to 0.9.6

when you try to start game, you will get errors about 3 or 4 .pkg files missing from ./res/packages. to fix these errors (This is a workaround, not a fix!)  Select hangar_premium_v2.pkg and copy it.. then paste it into the same folder and it will be called hagar_premium_v2(Copy 1).pkg.. simply rename it to the name of the missing file.

restart game.. see next missing file.. repeat above. I believe I was missing 2 of the .pkg files.

game then loads and works.

this should at least work until the mod team can correct the pack.

• Administrator

any chance we can get the 9.5 DLC files back?  NA doesn't get 9.6 until next week.

These files were removed accidentaly, and I cannot bring them back easily, I will see what can I do, I should have some files on my hdd, to reupload, but still, some work to do. Shall see.

Damit.. this need to be fixed like asap! So many people with the same probleme! cant be that much of a trouble to fix that is it?

I tryed to reinstal older version didnt work.. tryed to uninstall it and still didnt work... dont know what that undate did but it fucking fuck up my shit and i aint happy about it!

Hey now, whoah there.

Let's be a little bit politer than this.  I don't see Aslain charging anyone for this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I had the same error. I downloaded the Aslains_XVM_Mod_Installer_v.4.1.42_95.exe that is on the main download page, selected clean install and it worked for me.

yeah, he re-upped the 9.5 files.  but there's still a few giving me problems.