ctd from client

If vanilla 9.2 WoT gives you CTD, then there's most certainly something is wrong with your system.

I'd try to check if drivers are up-to-date (at least GPU drivers/software), check the system for viruses/maleware and download the game again.

I think if the hardware is faulty, it can also cause CTD (overheating, bad GPU/CPU, faulty/full RAM, errors with the HDD, too weak PSU, etc.) but that's impossible for me to say.

Personally, I only had CTD exactly once and that was with the common test client, using an early version of mods, that didn't quite work for a newer patch.

I don't know if the game logs it when it crashed to desktop, maybe someone else does though.

I can do some more reading if there is more that you can do to investigate but I'd try at least to check your drivers, scan your system for viruses/malware and monitor your system temperatures.

If I find anything, I'll add it but you also have to do your part.

Like I said, since I've never encountered it myself (without finding the solution quite easily), it could be a number of things and it would just be a guessing game.

E:

So dxdiag log ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/unmodified-minecraft-client/tutorials-and-faqs/1871677-obtaining-a-dxdiag-log ) or python.log (inside main folder) could be analyzed.

I can't though, so idk how much help it would be to attach them; maybe someone else can.

I also remembered another thing that caused issues in 9.0 but it's unlikely that it's still present in the game.

It's most likely fixed by now, if you run patch 9.2.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/24/storm-posts-about-increasing-your-performance-by-disabling-the-triple-buffer/

E2:

More stuff you can read/try out (only the main post) but it's still 9.0 stuff and idk if any of it helps.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/349906-known-issues-with-90/#topmost

Just something you can try, I guess..

Updated video drivers, temperature is fine. I did another fresh install with no mods and I'm still crashing on start up. Tonight I will try a virus scan. My PSU may be a bit undersized but it has worked fine until this point. I have had no other PC issues.

I just want to relax and play my game :).  

Just got back from holidays, My problem appears to be larger then my skill set. I definitely think it is a virus :(. It won't let me run window defender and I can't install any virus scanners. Can someone point me to a good PC forum as I do not want to waste anyone's time here.

IE seems to freeze when ever I try settings, seems to maybe be a directX issue that is maybe crashing my WOT start up. 

Thanks.   

Almace, 

I wish I new exactly what fixed the issue. I believe it may have been a conflict or setting in IE. I updated everything and did a third re-install and the game finally launched. Sorry I couldn't be a bit more definitive.

Time for a new gaming PC ;)