Crashing To Desktop

I have been living with CTD for a long time, but usually it only happened loading into battle or after the battle was done and going back to the garage. No big deal, irritating, but no big deal. Especially after getting an SSD drive. ( I added it to speed up the loading back into the game process.) Upgraded the Video card because the old one was running hot and thought that might be the problem.  No longer have a temp issue but still had CTD. Replaced the Power Supply as it was dropping to 4.998 volts when the Video card was running 100%. No change. Added RAM to 12 Gig. Disabled ALL programs and processes except; WoT, TeamSpeak, and audio\recording drivers. No Change. That all changed when I loaded in V.34....all of a sudden I was being sent CTD when I pulled the trigger. After the tenth time of this happening within an hour I deleted the game  and started from scratch.  This is what I got from WoT Tech:

CWE0hHj.jpg

Then I ran an integrity check.

Then I checked all the fonts from your site and found two were missing for whatever reason so I re-reloaded them all just incase any were corrupted.

Then I loaded V.34 with a clean install - FULL, Removing DLC, and removing WoT Cache.

Ran another integrity check.

No more CTD when pulling the trigger and was able to play for awhile  NO PROBLEMS!  But then on the last battle when returning to the garage... BAM...CTD.

SO, I am sending the requested files to see if there is anything you can see that might be the culprit.  Hopefully it helps to send you the files directly after it happened?

Is there anything else you might need???

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

_Aslains_Installer.log

NO overclocking...neither on CPU or GPU.  The most battles I have been able to stand in a row without mods is ten, (which I did on Sunday) and it didn't CTD, but I would rather not even play the game without the mods, so that is why I just suffer with the CTD. I had two of my clan-mates that have never installed ANY mods and they had never experienced CTD, install yesterday what I do (except for the X60 scope or the 500 meter overview scroll, as i didn't want to screw them up TOO much) and they both started CTD'ing. 

I'm sorry man.  I install new mod-pack immediately when it is released.  I have never had CTD, or any problems whatsoever.  I am running Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell XPS 935T, (vintage 2011).  

I DON"T however, use any of the sound mods since it seems they can be quite problematic for some systems.

Is safe mode with networking a viable test option for you?  The only other suggestion I have is to try each mod by itself, e.g., only add x60, and work the problem that way.  Maybe you can isolate the problem to one in particular and presto.......just hope it's not the zoom!

In any case I hope you can get it working......CTD's bite....good luck

• Administrator

I have been living with CTD for a long time, but usually it only happened loading into battle or after the battle was done and going back to the garage. No big deal, irritating, but no big deal. Especially after getting an SSD drive. ( I added it to speed up the loading back into the game process.) Upgraded the Video card because the old one was running hot and thought that might be the problem.  No longer have a temp issue but still had CTD. Replaced the Power Supply as it was dropping to 4.998 volts when the Video card was running 100%. No change. Added RAM to 12 Gig. Disabled ALL programs and processes except; WoT, TeamSpeak, and audio\recording drivers. No Change. That all changed when I loaded in V.34....all of a sudden I was being sent CTD when I pulled the trigger. After the tenth time of this happening within an hour I deleted the game  and started from scratch.  This is what I got from WoT Tech:

Then I ran an integrity check.

Then I checked all the fonts from your site and found two were missing for whatever reason so I re-reloaded them all just incase any were corrupted.

Then I loaded V.34 with a clean install - FULL, Removing DLC, and removing WoT Cache.

Ran another integrity check.

No more CTD when pulling the trigger and was able to play for awhile  NO PROBLEMS!  But then on the last battle when returning to the garage... BAM...CTD.

SO, I am sending the requested files to see if there is anything you can see that might be the culprit.  Hopefully it helps to send you the files directly after it happened?

Is there anything else you might need???

Wish I could have a good news for new, but CTD are pain in the a.... to investigate, I would suggest you to remove mods one by one, and at some point you may stop crashing. I tried to reproduce this with mods you installed but I do not experience this :( Not much else I can assist here. CTD's are rare, also I never have them.

sent CTD when I pulled the trigger.

Me too. Doesn't happen often; maybe once every 30 battles. Usually fatal though.

I use no sound mods other than 2StepfromHell musicmod. I use just about every other mod in the pack though.

Modlogs attached.

If you also have this problem, attach the mod logs. It may help us find a solution.

_Aslain_logs.zip

I finally did C:\>FORMAT /X to cure this problem, and two days later my computer is running again, but still have CTD. (AND, I can no longer cut\paste to this website. Other websites no prob, just this one???)  I did ALL the steps on WG for CTD, e.g., port openings, various drivers, Video drivers, etc. etc.,  but one program they have, WGCheck.exe I get a 404 error. Anyone else run across this?? WG is no help of course, once they find out that you use mods.

post-1010-0-63159800-1427677625_thumb.pn

Hello Aslain,

I have done as you mentioned  by removing Gnomefather's Gun sounds v1.951. still having same crash. game starts to load and then CTD. Any other suggestions? I hate to remove the pack all together as I very much enjoy using your modpack. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

Mordakai,

Hello Aslain,

I have done as you mentioned  by removing Gnomefather's Gun sounds v1.951. still having same crash. game starts to load and then CTD. Any other suggestions? I hate to remove the pack all together as I very much enjoy using your modpack. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

Mordakai,

Same issues, using WWIIHWA sound pack tho, game loads to 90% then CTD. altho game is still running in background as u can see from process list and using about 270MB of RAM.

_Aslains_Installer.log

_Aslains_Installer_CompList.log

_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf

Mordakai, try deleting the contents of your res_mods folder and Install the mod again. This time check the box next to "clear the contents of the game cache".

If that doesn't help, then the best option is to reinstall the mod pack with only half the mods enabled. If you get crashes still, then reinstall the pack with only a couple mods enabled. Repeat until you find the offending mod.

I think I finally have the CTD problem resolved. I think it was maybe a port problem, a firewall issue, a problem with Internet Explorer, or maybe a corrupted Visual C++ file...who knows????

Here are the steps I followed from WG....hope it helps someone else having the same problem!

Still can not cut/paste to this forum, but I can on any other forum...any ideas?

WG_Fixes.pdf