perspective lock - tank becomes independant of view

Just happened to me again, first time ever while zoomed in. I was in SU-85B and locked while watching an enemy Easy 8 die. I've had the lock with:

Jimbo's on and off so not that.

Don't run Auto Aim mods so not that.

Don't run spot indicators so not that.

Battle Calc on and off so not that.

Multi hit log on and off so not that.

I'm thinking SPG battle assistant, Team HP pool (Locostan), Safe shot or destroyed vehicle skins.

Pared it down to these as they have all been enabled during this. I'm leaning towards destroyed vehicle skins or HP bar as lock occurs when a tank dies. Will disable both and see how it goes. Unfortunately the lock occurs infrequently so testing will be slow and laborious.

Quick update: turned off dead vehicle skins and in two battles have watched enemy tanks destroyed with no camera lock. I had thought to this point that the destruction of a tank caused the lock, if so then dead vehicle skins is (one of) the culprits, alternatively the destruction of a tank may not cause the lock and may be purely coincidental.

Hasn't recurred for last 15 or so games. Changes made:

- swapped to Standard and more gun sight (was using Harpoon or Jimbos)

Turned off:

- autoaim extented v2.05

- spotted extended

- spot indicators

- disable gun shake

- all sound mods

- texture skin pack

I have on:

- skins of destroyed vehicles

I've played many games last night and didn't have a lockup.  Still trying to narrow down what I did.

I have enabled:

Autoaim indication+

Autoaim Extended

Spotted extended 2.05

Direction indicator 1.07

SPG extra aim info

J1mb0's crosshair and SPG crosshair.  (I prefer melty's or Roughneck's, but J1mb0's is still very good)  Haven't had a perspective lockup yet.

I disabled:

Advanced Aiming System or Battlecalc

Mav's Fog remover

Disable tre motion effects

I'm going to keep experimenting, but I think J1mb0's crosshair might be the key.

+1 for the clear descriptions!

Using a certain mod that cant be mentioned makes this error occur nearly every battle. Using the legal auto aim+ in combination with custom crosshairs also produces the error in varying forms every few battles.

In tanks it happens one of three ways for me:

pretty sure this is all linked to the autoaim mod or the enemy spotted mod.. I removed those mods, and it got rid of the sniper lock, and the screen loading lock up.

Not using spotted enemy mod (was too annoying for me), but I do use AutoAim+. Was also thinking that it is the real culprit.

I have enabled:

Autoaim indication+

Autoaim Extended

Spotted extended 2.05

Direction indicator 1.07

SPG extra aim info

J1mb0's crosshair and SPG crosshair.  (I prefer melty's or Roughneck's, but J1mb0's is still very good)  Haven't had a perspective lockup yet.

I disabled:

Advanced Aiming System or Battlecalc

Mav's Fog remover

Disable tre motion effects

Played several games today with same config, can't produce the problem now.  I'm going to enable the fog and the trees and try again.

Played several games today with same config, can't produce the problem now.  I'm going to enable the fog and the trees and try again.

Disabled BattleCalc - still happens

I don't use the other 2 graphic effect ones, so gonna disabled the SPG helper.

Got it twice in 14 games. Don't have +AutoAim, the disable mouse scroll lock out whatever apparently didn't help my clan mates either. Possibly BattleAssistant? (The alternate arty view) Has anyone who doesn't run BattleAssistant got it yet?

I disable
     AutiAim Indication +

Autoaim extended

Soptted extended

Spot indicators

Aiming system

Extra Aim Info

Battle Assistant for SPG

and got view frozen...

BTW,

destroyed vehicles mod may have problem.

the vehicle track with destroyed's Image is broken

May have found the problem. I disabled skins of destroyed vehicles (1% white) and haven't had a problem since.

I can confirm that this seems to be the solution. I've reenabled BattleCalc, SPG helper and AutoAim+ and disabled wrecks skins (1% white). Fought vs 2 x PZIVH, watched them blow up and the camera didn't get stuck.

I can confirm that this seems to be the solution. I've reenabled BattleCalc, SPG helper and AutoAim+ and disabled wrecks skins (1% white). Fought vs 2 x PZIVH, watched them blow up and the camera didn't get stuck.

I also disabled white tanks and haven't had any issues since.