MeltyMap's Mathmod Crosshair help

I have been using Aslain's mod pack for long time and I love it. Donated few times, I think with so often updates and compatibility problems solved etc it is worth subscription :) Anyway, crosshairs I am using from Aslain's pack are Meltymap's Mathmod and I love them. All information on it is really useful. Apart from one that I do not understand.

In the picture below, on the right side, middle of screen is description of two items from the center of crosshairs. "Possible to penetrate if target armor arc is less than this arc" and the +-25% penetration power".

I did some testing in team battle mode having my second account with tank I was aiming at trying to figure those two out and I just don't understand. This line pointing up and right from center... what is it meant to tell me? And that green arc to the left and right of this line... Please don't assume I don't understand armor angling and bouncing etc, I just don't understand what this particular tool is telling me :(

I am sorry, I may be a bit stupid here but I would really appreciate help in understanding those two tools. I will use help that I get here to make video with explanation of all features in this crosshair mode for other confused people like me, but I need to understand this last bit that I just can't figure out on my own.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

0685b1de7b8022d7601532d05c059a50.jpg

Sure, sorry. In below picture, thin green line extending from the center of aim pointed at by red arrow. Green arc to both sides of the line sticking to the aim circle, pointed at with red arrow.

They do change depending what part of tank is being aimed at. My question is... what does it tell me. What it means if this arc is smaller on left and/or right side? This thin green line is either more vertical or horizontal, what does that mean?

I have few friends who are really confused as well. If anyone could lay this out like to a total dummy, this dummy sitting at this pc writing this post would be really grateful :) And few other dummies too :)

question.jpg

Thanks. I went through whole thread and there is no answer there to this question. I posted request for help and link to this thread here. Also, I've send PM to RazNaRok as you suggested linking this thread and asking for help.  

• Upvote 1

The left side number Penetration power is your gun's penetration average based on loaded ammo.

So for example in a Pershing if you have the top tier gun, you have 180 penetration average.  If you load gold its like 250 or so.  That will be the number displayed on the left side.  + or - 25% RNG rolls.

The right side number is the amount of armor at the location you are currently pointing at.

So if you point at the side of a tank with 50 armor and your guns has 180 penetration it will say 180/50  Thus you can safely assume you will penetrate that tank.

The target armor arc is how much slope the armor under your cross hairs can be at and you still penetrate.  So if you point at something with 50 mm, that is sloped at a severe angle, it will act more like 200 mm of armor and you won't penetrate it.  The line to the right would be almost horizontal for something that thin in armor.

• Upvote 1

Let me check:

I understand the numbers under crosshairs center (197/160 in the picture from above post). My question was regarding things I pointed at with red arrows. Am I to understand from what you wrote that this green thin line: closer to horizontal is closer to 0 degrees and closer to vertical is closer to 90 degrees (following thta armor is at 100% at 0 deg, auto bounce is at 70 deg and 90 deg is same surface as armor surface)?  What about this green arc pointed at picture with down arrow. Is it: arc to the left of green line is current pen power +25% rng and arc to the right of green line is -25% rng of  pen power? 

• Upvote 1

I use meltymaps as well, but I don't have those 197/160 indicator, or that green slope indicator you are talking about. How do I enable those? I just have melty's checked off in the modpack installer. In fact several of the various indicators are not on my meltymaps crosshair, like the enemy's chance to spot me.

• Upvote 1

Hello there, by a coincidence I was forced to switch to another crosshair today which happened to be MeltyMap's Mathmod Crosshair.

Here's my explanation, please correct me if I am wrong.

The slope angle marker takes into account enemy's armor thickness and your penetration power. Possible angle of penetration is measured on the crosshair from the upper part of the crosshair to the right part, making a total of 45 degrees angle: |_

The thicker the enemy's armor the more narrow will be the angle you can penetrate it from.

Here's two pictures to demonstrate.

In the first picture you can see that our gun can penetrate 22mm of armor and the enemy armor on the spot we are aiming at is only 15mm. The angle marker becomes green and it indicates that we can penetrate this armor from a wide angle.

NOTE: The green angle marker has a notch in the middle - to the left and right of the notch is how this crosshair takes into account WoT's mechanic of 25% of more or less chance of penetration. This is to say that the notch is theoretically anywhere on the green marker.

Lu4gYD2.jpg

Now, when we move the crosshair to a more thicker part of the armor which is 20mm, you can see that the the angle of penetration is more narrow which means you should probably fire only when the target is not much sloped.

5MYJdw6.jpg

The lower your penetration is, smaller is the arc of the angle you can penetrate from. The crosshair DOES NOT take into account the actual angle at which you are aiming at the enemy. You can see this here. I am aiming at the t29 turret cheeck from an extreme angle and the crosshair is telling me I still have the chance to penetrate.

bpmX4A0.jpg

• Upvote 1

I use meltymaps as well, but I don't have those 197/160 indicator, or that green slope indicator you are talking about. How do I enable those? I just have melty's checked off in the modpack installer. In fact several of the various indicators are not on my meltymaps crosshair, like the enemy's chance to spot me.

I was wondering the same thing :D

• Downvote 1