Clan Icons without being checked?

Why would I have clan icons on my game when I do not and never have enabled the option? It blocks a good bit of the information over the contour icons (because I use Ashbane's) and is HIGHLY annoying.

For that matter, why am I seeing the dashes where XVM percentages would be at if I had enabled it if I don't have ANYTHING from XVM enabled? This JUST began happening the last few updates.

Hi

Depending on where the clanicons show up you can remove them. 

battleLoading.xc, playersPanel.xc et.c. you can remove this section

<font color='#DFDFDF'>{{clan}}</font>

Remember to save for next install.

Also for example statisticForm.xc has this option to disable clanicons

"statisticForm": {
             "clanIcon": { "alpha": 90, "h": 22, "show": true, "w": 22, "x": -348, "xr": -348, "y": 0, "yr": 0 },

Change "show": true --> false

About the dashes is that you probably have the macros still showing XVM but 
since you dont get information sent they show only dashes.
  • Administrator

How do I disable the dashes then?

Only manualy. 

In example you have this macro: {{kb%2d~k|--k}} it will display --k as placeholder, when no stats loaded. So you have to remove |--k, basicaly you remove everything behind | character up to }}

Is XVM downloading clan icons during game play?  I've not noticed any bulk download of icons from XVM...

If XVM is downloading icons, is there still any reason to check the box in Aslain's downloader to get them from your server in bulk?

• Administrator

If you log in on XVM website, and go to settings, then you will see new options for clan icons. You can set number of icons that will be downloaded as top clans, I belive its 1-2000. 

On the other hand, I have clan icons in DLC packages, these are just ANY icons, not top ones, there is a difference. 

If I were you I would just stick to top clan icons, as they are helpfull to determine good clans.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Aslain for all your good works. I notice we both posted here, but my last Q got a response I didn't really understand, probably lost in translation somewhere so I thought I'd ask here.

I have had a list of top 50 clans for a long time now and it's worked well, since you get warned of only top 50 clans in a match, which I found handiest- I want useful info over pretty graphics. But that list seems to have changed some since 9.0 (?) or whenever they changed the system to bring more within XVM structure.

I've got my top 50 (and my own, lol not top 50) clan icons in the '\res_mods\mods\shared_resources\xvm\res\clanicons\NA' folder. I've then got them displayed in the various .xc files wherever I want.

If I set the switch in http://www.modxvm.com/en/download-xvm/-> Settings to Top 50 (or 100 or 1000 or whatever) does WG download them prior to battle? Or what are the mechanics of how this now works? 

Any help/pointers appreciated and once sorted, I'll post a link at the xvm forum to the solution here. Thanks.

LATE EDIT: Actually setting Top 50 to show in XVM settings and then emptying out the '\res_mods\mods\shared_resources\xvm\res\clanicons\NA' folder (except for my own clan logo) results in them automatically showing anyway- or at least DICE clan logo shows and I assume it's top 50. I'd still really like to understand the mechanics of how the system does this though.