How to? clarification, please

OK, I'm totally computer illiterate for starters; let's get that out of the way.

For example, Mod ver.3.8_92 comes out and I install it;  2 days later there is an update  ver.3.9_92.

With me so far?  What I have been doing is a complete clean install every time there is an update.  Now, I have noticed that there are alternatives to the clean install, but I don't know what they do or how it affects the mod pack; ie. how does a partial install work , what does it do etc.? I'm asking for clarification of the different choices on the 'install options' screen so that I can better understand what is happening when or if I choose a different mod installation option.  

If I already have all the mods that I want, but the new update changes XVM colors for example, is there a way to JUST download the new content without overwriting the complete mod pack every time?

An enquiring mind wants to learn... lol

Thanks for your time.

• Administrator

From Readme:

HOW TO UPDATE:
Download the latest version of Aslain's mod pack (linked here), and run the installation again.
The Clean Installation is not required, unless you encounter problems.

I would also advice to select backup session stat data (unless it was updated too), and modsettings tab.

Nothing more is required, and yes I know it's probably not the most convinient way to update, but there is no alternative at this moment.

Hello ,

For starters:

Normal Installation - This is NOT recommended -

-it copies the new content ( mods , xvm ) over the old res_mods ( Like a copy - paste- replace )

Clean Install -FULL - This is highly recommended - 

-it removes everything from the res_mods folder , that it copies the new content into that fresh res_mods :D

Clean install - PARTIAL - This is moderate recommended -

-this options removes everything from the 0.9.x folder , inside the res_mods , but it leaves the xvm folder... so it will overwrite the xvm files on update...

So in the end ... i must say that the best option is to use the Clean Install - FULL - ( it's usually fail-proof )

• Upvote 1

ok, got it... between the 2 of you I now understand to just keep doing it the way I have...   Thank you both very much.

You both reconfirm why this mod pack is the ONLY thing I will donate real money for, to have the kind of support that you provide.

Again, thank you for your support.

• Upvote 1