Illegal mods

Like someone would ever manage to hack the system and then change the whole mathematical system for just his tank, and not all the others... yeah... I'm sure there's a better explanation than THAT, lol.

Edit: Without a replay, and without a proper detailed explanation of ALL factors, there's no telling what is up with your battle.

Edited by Quaksen

Hi

This is taken from Ritas blog (ritastatusreport.blogspot)

As you can read WG doesn´t think its a big problem in

random battles.

The XVM symbol also kinda tells how many cares about 

installing mods at all.

"Cheating in World of Tanks

Clan wars are already under investigation for users that use cheat mod packs - RU that is and NA to some degree. EU is still in the middle of what one of the devs calls "a reprocessing purge" (or in more humane way  a "reeducation program"). But it'll get there. Furthermore, anyone into e-sports must remember, no mods, no scope stuff, no overhead camera, tracers or magic OTMs - you must play pure and unmodded 100% vanilla game.

However China is reportedly having the largest amount of "cheat packs" users in the game, almost 1.9 per match. Last time it was checked, EU holds a calculated 0.44 estimate of cheaters per match and NA has a 0.46, SEA holds an unimpressive 0.6 (best is Korea with 0.2). In China it's the Chinese partner that does and it's very lax. RU server has around 0.45-0.56 cheaters per match."
  • 4 months later...

Hi

Its a while since cheatmods were a heated discussion.

Any news? 

I think I found a new mod that puts a blue ball where the 

enemy tank would be when its outside your render range.

I used to get blue balls because the good looking chicks in the disco were out of my class/render range.  :lol:

Really?

Haha, I have no trouble with chicks. I only ask two questions when I´m out 

making my moves.  1. Do you wanna dance?   2. Why not?

That sounds like the beginning of a really productive conversation...haha.

Edited by Darth_Clicker

If we want to talk about reality I would start with it being unfair to expect the player (especially a new player) to know what all of these tanks are. If a new player is driving an M3 (American, T3, light) and sees a Kv1 (Soviet, T5, heavy) he's likely to not know that the other tank is bigger and heavier. Displaying the tier information of the vehicle and highlighting the class doesn't tell a new player anything that the commander of a real tank wouldn't know. This is also helpful when new tank lines come out, am I about to face punch a tier 6 medium or is that the tier 8?

These tanks have a radio operator who would be in voice contact with allied tanks. Players of the game are not; therefore increasing information provided by the mini map enhancements compensates for this. The enhanced aim-bot actually helps increase realism unless the gunner is also the driver. In a realistic situation the gunner could aim the gun while at the same time the driver could drive. We're asking the player to drive the tank and avoid obstacles and plan an escape or attack route while trying to aim and shoot. In reality this is the work of three people.

In reality the tank crew would know where the weak spots on the enemy tanks are better than an average player of WOT. Highlighting these areas provides almost no information that wouldn't be known by a realistic tank crew. The crew would also know the reload time of the enemy tank better than an average player. I don't use the reload timer because it provided incorrect information and assured me that the enemy tank was reloading and it was not.         

That's my $0.02 for now.

• 5 months later...

You're crazy to think that WG will change arty because of a mod.

They'll work on preventing the mod, but that's it. They'll probably fail at that too, like always.

They claim they're working on something... but Storm already said it's pointless to make such a system, since mod creators will circumvent it.

Just like copy-protection - always broken.

I am an arty only player and I will not try such a mod.  The reason why I will not try such a mod is mainly because I think it will be a waste of time, not to mention money.  Anyone who has played a lot of battles in the CGC may understand the problem with this mod.  The CGC has a relatively long shell to target travel time and when used at long ranges this time to target is so long that often the tank moves enough that either you completely miss with a very small amount of splash damage, or you do no damage at all.  I am 100% not interested in lengthening the amount of time that my target has to move.  If this "mod" exists, which I have my doubts after watching the video, I believe that it will help active tank drivers (non campers) more than it will help the arty player.  The shell travel time on one of the T92 shots looked to be more than 5 seconds. That is an awful big window of time that effectively multiplies the random numbers, or the movements, of the enemy tank driver.

At any rate, if it is in fact real, I would not trust an exe file from someone trying to "cheat" at anything.  If people do use it or any other "mod" such as this, I hope somehow they are permanently banned from the game as they are the true cancer in the game.

One last edit:  If you sit in one space long enough while your are humping your favorite rock to get hit by a shell that travels more than 5 seconds through the air not to mention the 8 seconds or so of aim time added to that you are asking to be hit.  And this is especially after you have been spotted with the knowledge that arty is in the battle.  Ever heard of the "Survival of the fittest" theory?

Edited by Darth_Clicker

Catching the people using the mod should be easy enough, as their guns will be elevated to the maximum, and that's pretty much impossible to do without the mod.

(Try elevating your gun, hold down right click to prevent it lowering again, and fire a shot... did you see where it hit? Probably not :P )

Just now, Grandorf said:

They will never remove arty, I meant that artyhaters 

will get even moore loud and furious.

And get more ignored by WG.

WG is doing something to arty (doing something to all tanks I think? Re-balance 2.0 or whatever they're calling it)

So we'll see :)

2 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

I really dont understand how the game client/server side reticle can be compromised in such a way that this "mod" is even possible.  I would think that it aims where it aims....and not any place else.

Hmm, could it be a hoax. Anybody tested it?

Hrmm, KNOW somebody who have tested it?

12 hours ago, Grandorf said:

Hmm, could it be a hoax. Anybody tested it?

Hrmm, KNOW somebody who have tested it?

I am sure that somebody has a friend whose cousin's big brother has used it and therefore it has to be real...:D

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, ChuckBrammer said:

Tank view extender  [Illegal on EU] 

Did they say anything or did someone get banned for this mod?

WG EU decided to ban the #1 streamer from Poland, probably others too?

WG EU can do what they feel like, honestly, since they don't have an actual mod list.. and they don't give a BLEEEP about the other servers list.

Most other servers allow it with certain settings. WG EU doesn't allow it at all, apparently.

However.... they can only tell on screenshots, or video (if you stream, and get reported by your viewers)

14 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

WG EU decided to ban the #1 streamer from Poland, probably others too?

WG EU can do what they feel like, honestly, since they don't have an actual mod list.. and they don't give a BLEEEP about the other servers list.

Most other servers allow it with certain settings. WG EU doesn't allow it at all, apparently.

However.... they can only tell on screenshots, or video (if you stream, and get reported by your viewers)

Okay, thanks . Didnt know where it came from...

4 minutes ago, ChuckBrammer said:

So as long as one doesnt stream and such, it should be safe(I know you cant promise)

Pretty much, yeah...

As long as one doesn't share screenshots showing it, videos on YouTube, or stream it, they might not be able to tell at all.

And if they can tell - well - I'd like to see them explain banning people, for using illegal mod, but being unable to tell exactly which one, since they don't have a list (like RU does, NA does, ASIA does.. all the other servers have a list... just not silly EU :) )

(Og hejsa, hehe)

1 hour ago, Quaksen said:

Pretty much, yeah...

As long as one doesn't share screenshots showing it, videos on YouTube, or stream it, they might not be able to tell at all.

And if they can tell - well - I'd like to see them explain banning people, for using illegal mod, but being unable to tell exactly which one, since they don't have a list (like RU does, NA does, ASIA does.. all the other servers have a list... just not silly EU :) )

(Og hejsa, hehe)

Ill dont do that then . I think its safe enough to use.

(Hej:))

Quaksen, ChuckBrammer

Hi

Sorry for stepping in but WG has started a rally against cheatmods (as everybody probably knows). 

Since Aslain is a huge force to reckon with in the modding scene he should be the first guy to get 

a PM about what mods to absolutely not in anyway include in the modpack. 

Seems he hasnt got that PM yet so we can assume they are still as vague as ever concerning how 

to act. 

Problem is that every mod works clientside so only way (sofar) is hard evidence like streams, screenshots 

or a plain whissleblower. 

Even if they have started a rally against cheatmods... they (only WG EU) still fail to produce a mod list....

All the other servers have one. If they cannot manage such a simple step..... well.... :P

WG EU has always just said "use your own judgement, blah blah yadda yadda" instead of giving a list, like the other servers have.

WG EU has been proven to ban people for using mods that all the other servers have deemed legal.

WG EU does what WG EU wants. :(