Win rates ?

A few ways

They're good players 

Platooning with good players

Seal clubbing

I'm a fairly average player with a 52% W/R, however I do not platoon much and this is mostly single play. (no seal clubbing)

MM does mess me about, some days I have 65%+ win ratio for the day, and the next day its down to 30-35%, but I think the MM is supposed to keep everyone at around 50%

• Upvote 1

Everything is kinda correct.

If you are a good individual player and can carry the games to a higher than average degree, then that can help you/your team to win more often.

If you then team up with with equally good or better people in platoons, you increase the chances of winning drastically.

Even if MM would give you all bad players on your team, having a platoon of 2-3 decent players is better than only having 1 (yourself).

The rest is mainly luck (what MM gives you and the other team), imo.

I've won tons of games where I was simply bad as hell and got like 70% WR while not doing anything to speak of (on some tanks).

E: Just to clarify, MM isn't really responsible (or in a way it is) for putting bad players on your team.

It doesn't take into account the potential (and I say potential, since everyone can and will have bad days/games, no matter how much talent they have) skill of players, it simply tries to even the weights/classes on both sides.

I think that the lack of communication and also the lack of experience are the biggest factors of winning or losing.

I see a lot of "good players" just camping somewhere and using 12-14 people as spotters; no matter what class they play.

In my book, that's not playing well at all but it certainly can help with your stats. =3

I win by... playing well. However, good stats doesn't mean you'll have a good win rate... it depends on exactly what you do in battle... You may have 2 players with identical stats, even though one player has 5-10% higher Win Rate than the other... How would this be possible?

Say there are two players in a Sherman Jumbo. They both deal an average of 1,500 damage per battle, average 3 kills a battle, 35 defense points per battle, and they both use the same kind of ammo, equipment and crew.

Jumbo player #1 always goes off on his own, deals a lot of damage early on, but doesn't support his allies, nor does he stay alive very long. If he does stay alive, he doesn't do much damage until it's too late in the battle to do anything (after the team is already dead). He averages a 52% Win Rate just by virtue of dealing a lot of damage per battle.

Jumbo player #2 weighs in the situation carefully before picking his flank. If one flank is doomed to die, he avoids it. However, if it needs extra defense but is very achievable, he'll take it. He uses all of the proper battles strategies and conserves his HP whenever possible. If he sees an ally about to die, he'll move his tank in front of the ally to shield him. He prioritizes targets and focuses upon the greatest threats or largest pay-off enemies (enemies that if killed will bring you closest to victory). If the flank he is at is about to fall, he retreats before the enemy begins surrounding him. He's almost always the last to stay alive and he predicts what the enemy will do. He always tries to support allies and will always slow down an enemy advance in order to make sure that his allies have the greatest chance of victory. This player averages a 65% Win Rate.

13% Win Rate difference. One players goes off on his own and doesn't support allies, whilst the other pays close attention to where he goes and what he does. The second player also assists allies whenever possible and makes sure that they stay alive.

Jumbo player #1 rages at his team if they're losing and he's dead. Jumbo player #2 gives his team tips and hints, provides them with valuable information, and always encourages them; even if they're losing.

Both players deal the same amount of damage and earn the same number of kills per battle. The first player does all of that when it doesn't matter though. The second player makes the right decisions at the right time; and makes the crucial decisions that win battles.

I win by... playing well. However, good stats doesn't mean you'll have a good win rate... it depends on exactly what you do in battle... You may have 2 players with identical stats, even though one player has 5-10% higher Win Rate than the other... How would this be possible?

Say there are two players in a Sherman Jumbo. They both deal an average of 1,500 damage per battle, average 3 kills a battle, 35 defense points per battle, and they both use the same kind of ammo, equipment and crew.

Jumbo player #1 always goes off on his own, deals a lot of damage early on, but doesn't support his allies, nor does he stay alive very long. If he does stay alive, he doesn't do much damage until it's too late in the battle to do anything (after the team is already dead). He averages a 52% Win Rate just by virtue of dealing a lot of damage per battle.

Jumbo player #2 weighs in the situation carefully before picking his flank. If one flank is doomed to die, he avoids it. However, if it needs extra defense but is very achievable, he'll take it. He uses all of the proper battles strategies and conserves his HP whenever possible. If he sees an ally about to die, he'll move his tank in front of the ally to shield him. He prioritizes targets and focuses upon the greatest threats or largest pay-off enemies (enemies that if killed will bring you closest to victory). If the flank he is at is about to fall, he retreats before the enemy begins surrounding him. He's almost always the last to stay alive and he predicts what the enemy will do. He always tries to support allies and will always slow down an enemy advance in order to make sure that his allies have the greatest chance of victory. This player averages a 65% Win Rate.

13% Win Rate difference. One players goes off on his own and doesn't support allies, whilst the other pays close attention to where he goes and what he does. The second player also assists allies whenever possible and makes sure that they stay alive.

Jumbo player #1 rages at his team if they're losing and he's dead. Jumbo player #2 gives his team tips and hints, provides them with valuable information, and always encourages them; even if they're losing.

Both players deal the same amount of damage and earn the same number of kills per battle. The first player does all of that when it doesn't matter though. The second player makes the right decisions at the right time; and makes the crucial decisions that win battles.

Might have to add, that this is a totally fictional example and your own opinion though.

It doesn't actually work like that IRL, most of the time.

Might have to add, that this is a totally fictional example and your own opinion though.

It doesn't actually work like that IRL, most of the time.

Fictionalized numbers, but not an entirely fictional example. I have a 62% WR in my Jumbo, whilst a friend of mine with near identical stats on the Jumbo has a 51%. There's a reason for that... I Platooned with him and knew exactly why...