High ping rate and missed shots

Just reading in WoT forums about high ping and missed shots (we've all had this happen)

I'm partially quoting his forum post and I hope I'm not violating anything by doing this.

His idea sounds good but I don't know if it's actually doable.

Is it possible to build a mod similar in function to "safe shot" in that it will not allow a player to shoot if ping spikes are above ~200-300ms? 

Is this even possible or would the coding be a virtual nightmare?

Just a thought.

Idk if it's possible to make such a mod but I question the viability of it.

Imagine that you're in a close combat situation and just aimed neatly -> boom lag spikes -> can't shoot -> get shot in the face yourself without doing any dmg -> fail.

Or imagine close combat where you circle another tank, maybe have auto-aim active and would kill it easy -> boom lag spike -> can't shoot -> look silly for dancing with the enemy, get shot in the face and can't do any dmg -> fail.

In such cases, the mod would screw you over more than the actual lag would, imo.

If you ONLY camp bush 24/7 and/or play arti, then it might be of use though, I suppose. -_-

Just my 2 cents.

True, but with auto-aim engaged, it wouldn't matter about the spike other than squeezing off a shot and missing the sweet spot because he moved back or around .

But, I think what he was asking was about longer range shots during side-scraping for example, or possibly while engaging in peek-a-boom; or waiting patiently for him to crest a ridge or hill to spot for arty.  I've had this happen many times during game play and my platoon mates laughing and asking why I'm shooting  so far to the side of the tank...

Yea, I get where this is coming from and if you really only sit around most of the time, I can see it helping.

But sadly, you can't pick the time when you get those spikes and such a mod might hurt you when you need it the least.

I'd rather be able to shoot and maybe hit with some luck. Especially with those long-range shots it's luck a lot of the time anyway (if you actually hit and then if you actually pen as well).

If you drive a russian tank, Stalin will decide whether or not you are allowed to hit anyway; sometimes he guides the most impossible shots into the eyeball of the enemy and sometimes he's just like "meh, not today, son"! =P

Like I said though, only my 2 cents on the topic. =)