JScript Runtime Error

I get the same issue with the same jscript (when you select the option to remove the shadow from the vehicle type in the over target marker). It started for me with 3.8.15.

It's a security issue with the Aslain directory. While it can (should) be fixed with the installer, you can bypass it by turning of UAC (there's a free utility called TweakUAC if you can't do it). A restart is required, but you can install that, run it, turn off UAC, restart, run the installer then run TweakUAC again, turn it back on and restart again.

Yes, it's a pain to do but it's a work around for now.

Hope that helps.

• Administrator

I did some investigation of the problem, and it's like I said before, a local issue. It should work on the most properly configured pc's.

If you see error like on this picture: 

error.png

Then try following thigs:

• Run the installer on the admin account
  • "Run as administrator..." from the drop down mouse menu
  • Disable the UAC
  • Disable antivirus software

You are doing it on own responsibility however, I will not be responsible if your PC get's infected because of those actions, I can only guarantee that my installer is always clean of viruses and alike.

My error is different.

vyqnpc.jpg

I am receiving file not found. I was getting a denied error because for some reason the XVM folder was checked to Read Only so I removed this and now, I am getting this error.

So for troubleshooting here is what I did,

The section for Over Target Markers has two options Strong Shadow and Weak Shadow, I have been trying to use Weak Shadow and this produces the error. I just changed it to Strong Shadow and I do not get the script error above. The install works perfectly fine.

I have not encountered any errors prior to installs before but it did start a few revisions ago. I just never sat down to troubleshoot, I am a tech at heart (A+, Net+, Sec+) but figured I would tech to it when I could.