Custom Installation profiles

Hi Aslain

First off, awesome modpack, love it and a huge kudos for the amount of work you do keeping it updated for each patch!

I sometimes need to be able to switch between two installations of my mods and thought it would be nice to be able to 'save' several configs in the installer. Any chance it could be possible?

Examples:

Custom Installation 1 - contains the mods: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta.

Custom Installation 2 - contains the mods: Alpha

Cheers,

Messiah

PS. If already possible, feel free to flame me (and show me in the right direction :) )

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator

Menu with selectable custom installations will be hard to make, it would be easier to create Save/Load button for mod selection, but even for that I need a coder who familiar with Inno Setup compiler to help with that.

Hey, no worries, just an idea.

Do you know if I can use/change some of the files the installer creates (fx _Aslains_Installer_Options.inf) to make it "remember" the different setups upon loading the installer? Fx using a simpel renaming different version of the _Aslains_Installer_Options_.inf before loading the installer.

Pfew I haven't seen nor used object pascal in ages, am gonna see and try what I can find out about this subject though. Will probably take me a couple of weeks though.

btw Aslain have you tried looking at NSIS installer? Been easy going for me so far.

• Administrator

Pfew I haven't seen nor used object pascal in ages, am gonna see and try what I can find out about this subject though. Will probably take me a couple of weeks though.

btw Aslain have you tried looking at NSIS installer? Been easy going for me so far.

NSIS ? Made first modpack in NSIS, no more NSIS please :) Also converting my Inno script to NSIS sounds like a nightmare, must have build modpack from beginning.... not a chance, sorry.

NSIS ? Made first modpack in NSIS, no more NSIS please :) Also converting my Inno script to NSIS sounds like a nightmare, must have build modpack from beginning.... not a chance, sorry.

Haha fair enough, was just an idea anyway :D

• 1 year later...

hate to necro a post, but would this be possible if you had two installations of the game?  i've tried it, but it always seems to remember the last installation options even though each game folder has its own _Aslains_Installer, _Aslains_Installer_CompList, and _Aslains_Installer_Options files.